Shock! Horror!

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
mark1234

HTPC Specs: Show details

Shock! Horror!

Post by mark1234 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Was talking to someone at work today when I noticed he had eBuyer's site up so I asked what he was buying. He was looking for a case to build a brand new Media Centre PC. I couldn't believe it!

He's moving from a cabled area, where he currently uses a V+ box, to somewhere he can only get Freeview and he's looking to 7MC to fill the gap. I've pointed him towards this site as part of the research he's doing.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

Glitchy

Post by Glitchy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 am

mark1234 wrote:Was talking to someone at work today when I noticed he had eBuyer's site up so I asked what he was buying. He was looking for a case to build a brand new Media Centre PC. I couldn't believe it!

He's moving from a cabled area, where he currently uses a V+ box, to somewhere he can only get Freeview and he's looking to 7MC to fill the gap. I've pointed him towards this site as part of the research he's doing.
Still amazes me..... Media Center is built into windows that everyone has sitting at home ..... they come to my casa and and see my setup and think I have a mystical connection to the electronic gods!

And it still hasn't taken off ......... must be a government plan for cable STB unhappiness........

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Glitchy wrote:
mark1234 wrote:Was talking to someone at work today when I noticed he had eBuyer's site up so I asked what he was buying. He was looking for a case to build a brand new Media Centre PC. I couldn't believe it!

Still amazes me..... Media Center is built into windows that everyone has sitting at home ..... they come to my casa and and see my setup and think I have a mystical connection to the electronic gods!

And it still hasn't taken off ......... must be a government plan for cable STB unhappiness........
Ya it's amazing to see the reaction on peoples faces when you show them your HTPC.. The Comcast guy was just out a month or so back at my place hooking up cable to my Ceton.. He couldn't believe my setup and wants me to help him with a PC project monitoring the temps on his Beer Brewing operation he's setting up. He couldn't believe I built the entire PC myself and all the features it has.. People are just so in the dark about MC.. Amazes me.. But Microsoft gives it no love... or advertizing...or anything...sad
newfiend~