Configuring MMC For Extenders

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
TheOsburnFamil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Configuring MMC For Extenders

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Okay silly question...
When configuring MMC for additional users what folder are we supposed to actually select when browsing? Just the root of the extender/user directory (c:/users/mcxblahblah), or do we need to browse deeper into appdata/roaming/...
Thanks!
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:05 pm

You don't have to do any configuration for extenders. What folders are you taking about?

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 pm

foxwood wrote:You don't have to do any configuration for extenders. What folders are you taking about?
The user folders for the extenders.
C:\Users\Mcx1-MEDIASERVER
C:\Users\Mcx2-MEDIASERVER
etc..
etc..

I'm under the impression in order to get the dvdxml data to work in your extenders, you need to add each extender's user folder into mmc. W/o setting it up, any movies in the Movies library will just be the generic filename w/o any metadata.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm