Problems with initial setup of MMC

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
falling

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problems with initial setup of MMC

Post by falling » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 am

just installed My Media Center on both my tablet and my pc, and i have a few issues that after searching the forums am not finding anything.

problem 1) i have two separate shares for movies (on different machines) it appears that one share i am able to get most movies but not all, i have 412 movies on that share, and when MMC scans after selecting movie gallery it shows 350 being scanned. not sure if there is a limit to how many can be shown, or if maybe a couple were not readable. is there some way to find out which are a problem? log file?

problem 2) on the second share, it appears that none of the movies are being listed, not sure if this is because there is a limit on how many movies can be loaded so it doesnt even try on the second share, is there a way to test on my WMP machine that it can connect to my shares correctly? all it appears to have is add a folder, but know way to know if it can access correctly.

problem 3) on my pc i can load up 350 movies all at once, and scan through all movies, on my tablet, it only shows 75 before it crashes to desktop. couple notes on this, 1) if i have it set to load all movies at start it crashes almost instantly, if i set to load all off, i can load first 75, and things function correctly until i click load more, it crashes. 2) i shut down all other programs, basically run it barebones and it still crashes 3) i tried to adjust the icon image size and quality but that doesnt seem to make much difference. is there some log that i can check to figure out what is crashing? i cant imagine that it doesnt have enough horsepower to run this program as the main reason is to run it on phones and tablets.

problem 4) is there a way to change how the movies are presented? it separates by letter of the alphabet which is good, but only appears to display 12 titles, and if you have more you click on the letter, and you go into a single movie view. this is very cumbersome to just scan through movies. can i just have it display all movies in the normal tile view?

problem 5) the remote to the Ceton extender is VERY slow at times, i cant pinpoint why or when this happens, but is quite annoying, it appears that the app or the ceton just stop communicating. if i use the normal remote and refresh the app, it starts working again.

couple notes, i have total of 463 movies, WMP shows all them in its list from both shares. i havent looked at all the movie folders but it does appear the MMC config has updated all folders with images and renamed folders on one share. the other doesnt appear to be updating, even though WMP can access it. i am starting to think there is a hard limit of how many the MMC config database can deal with.

over all i very much enjoy the program and am a huge fan of the ceton extender and infiniTV. this MMC is a great idea as it really enhances way to interface with media center.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as i have spent the last 7 hours trying to get this working right.

thanks

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

So let's see here:

1.) So on your main HTPC you should be able to go to "C:\ProgramData\Yammm\Cache" and see which movies were detected. It detects by folder names so if it wasn't able to find the correct movie information via the folder name then it wont' show up in there. We have a guide on how to name and troubleshoot the movie folders: http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMe ... pGuide.pdf

2.) So on the first and second share they would both have to hav ethe same username/password and that has to be specified in the network setting in the MMC Config app. This might be why #1 is having an issue.

3.) Can you give me some specs on the tablet that is crashing? What if you do "no image mode" ? To get logs go to: Computer Management -> Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft-> Windows -> Apps -> Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational I will also check my error reporting logs.

4.) there are some sort options on the top of that page (date added, rating, etc), however due to image size limits you can only see 12 from each letter which is by design. You can always search as well.

5.) That is a tricky one and hard to trouble shoot. A simple test and I know it sounds silly but just reboot the PC and the Echo.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

falling

Post by falling » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 pm

thank you very much for the response, will take a look at some of the items you mentioned. couple notes:

2) both shares have same access, i dont have any user/pass in the mmc config app. both are accessible via network, opened to everyone. WMP can access. which is why i was hoping to be able to test the connections some how with config app to see if that is a problem or not.

3) specs on tablet, dell latitude 10, Intel® Atom™ processor Z2760, win8, 2gb ram, 32gb hd

4) bit disappointing on this item, have a couple letters that are 30+ titles, very time consuming to go through them one at a time when browsing for a movie, but ok.

5) yeah agreed with being tricky, all items, app, pc, wmc, HTPC have been recycled multiple times during my testing/setup. i cant seem to pinpoint when it has issues, only when it fails to work :D was hoping that someone had seen this experience before and had idea for fix. can deal with it for now.

let me take a look at the logs you mentioned and will report back if i find anything.

thanks again for response.

Cheers

falling

Post by falling » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 pm

errors from item 3)
it appears that 2 errors get logged:
1) event ID 2838 the processing of a tile notification has failed
2) event ID 2095 long message summarized...MS windows immersive shell cannot be found...the following info included with event: CetonCorp.MyMediaCenter_vtsqyd5ekna7m!App 2149580900
will do some searching on the immersive shell and see if i need to reinstall something

falling

Post by falling » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:46 pm

issue with item 1)
went through all folders on share 1, renamed them accordingly. before i started the yammm cache folder had 351 entries, after i finished still shows 351, let it sit for about an hour to allow yammm to update, nothing still 351, rebooted HTPC, still sitting at 351. are there logs for yammm somewhere? anyway to kick of update manually?

thanks

falling

Post by falling » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 am

other errors from item 3

this is the event log for a crash:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-03T00:00:52.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5056</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>VeronaWin8.exe</Data>
<Data>1.3.2.3</Data>
<Data>512bd12f</Data>
<Data>Windows.UI.Xaml.dll</Data>
<Data>6.2.9200.16604</Data>
<Data>51847ab3</Data>
<Data>c000027b</Data>
<Data>007bd638</Data>
<Data>fc4</Data>
<Data>01cea8259da1fc62</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\CetonCorp.MyMediaCenter_1.3.2.3_x86__vtsqyd5ekna7m\VeronaWin8.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll</Data>
<Data>e597460a-142b-11e3-afb8-7845c4c616cd</Data>
<Data>CetonCorp.MyMediaCenter_1.3.2.3_x86__vtsqyd5ekna7m</Data>
<Data>App</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

falling

Post by falling » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 am

item 3) when i select no images it doesnt crash. able to load all 350 and go through them.....what would cause the errors i was getting loading images? glad i found a work around, but its not working as intended.

thanks

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm

It seems like it might be an out of memory exception on the images. My work around would be to display less movies in the movie area at a time (I do this on ARM platforms already). Unfortunately their controls don't do a great job of re-using "cells" like other platforms do. If you do have remote access setup on it, I could remotely debug and test it. You could just PM me the settings.

To manually start the metadata service just reboot YAMMM service basically and it should try to go through and get the data again.
I Write, Code, and Tweet