XBox HDMI output: vertical stripes in black background

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
cncb

HTPC Specs: Show details

XBox HDMI output: vertical stripes in black background

Post by cncb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:28 am

I just got an XBox 360 E and am noticing some strange issues with the video output (1080i HDMI output to my plasma). In anything with a black background (connecting to Media Center screen, recordings or games with video containing a solid black background, etc.) I see subtly brighter vertical stripes a few inches wide running through what should be the solid black color (see attached picture). I did not have this problem with the PC that was connected to the same HDMI input before and I don't have the problem with the Blu-ray player connected to a different HDMI input on the same AVR. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
Attachments
IMG_5041.JPG

cncb

Post by cncb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Anyone have any recommendations before I return this? I have tried a different HDMI cable and changing the Color Space XBox Setting to "Auto" but get the same problem.

NizZ8

Post by NizZ8 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:08 pm

is your video connect straight to the TV or are you going through an AVR/Receiver? If so i would try plugging the 360 directly into the tv and see if you have the same issues.

Also may want to try feeding in 720p from the 360.

HTH
-n8

cncb

Post by cncb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

I did try 720P and the "stripes" are still there just not as wide. It is going through an AVR and I considered trying straight to the TV but it would be a pain in the butt to do this given my media cabinet and since a PC through the same cable is okay I hesitate to do it. I think I will play with some of the settings on my AVR and go from there. Thanks.

cncb

Post by cncb » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:48 pm

I was able to disable all video processing on my AVR and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'm not sure why it didn't happen with my PC or Blu-ray player but that seems to be the cause.