Tuner Not Found & Viewing or Listening Conflict

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
outatime

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner Not Found & Viewing or Listening Conflict

Post by outatime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi All

Hope someone can please assist with this very frustating problem. It seems to be pretty common and read lots of threads but can't find a real answer to fixing it.

The short version is on my client PC I am unable to get the spare tuner to work to view live TV, sometimes I get it to work but then after a short period I get the Viewing or listening conflict message appear on my screen, normally a reboot will fix this but only for a few minutes and then its back again.

I had everything working great several months ago but then I upgraded the main PC to a Dell Alienware and although everything works great on the host Alienware PC its not on the client PC.

When I previously set it up I would keep three tuners on the host PC and allow the client to use the 4th tuner and when setting up on the client pc it would show three tuners greyed out which couldn't be used with the only option being the 4th allocated tuner but on the current setup I have on the client PC its showing all four tuners available to me whenever I try running the setup, I choose the 4th tuner but it keeps giving me the errors above.

I have the host PC Ceton and its main network card bridged together and I have tried testing the Ceton diagnostics software on the client PC with and without it and it makes no real difference, after a reboot I can access the tuner but after a few minutes its gone. I have restored the client PC back to factory and removed all the secuirty software as I read this can cause issues too.

The Ceton diagnostics software can see the tuners on the client PC and doesn't read any errors at all. Also tried upgrading to the beta firmware to see if that would help but makes no difference. Both PC's Windows 7.

Can anyone please help me and suggest anything I can try please, I am open to trying anything at this point.

Thank you

Stuart

bob_p

Post by bob_p » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Saw this problem twice today. I have a Windows 8 PC with a 4 tuner PCIe Ceton card and a 4 tuner USB Ceton external.

The problem was not Windows 8 - because I rebooted in Windows 7 - and had the same problem.

Had to power everything down - and then power the system back up - and in both cases, was able to get the Ceton tuners working again - though after the reboot, there was a period when the tuners were reporting they didn't yet have the channel lists - so they couldn't tune any channels.

Has anyone else encountered this problem - and found a solution?

carljanderson

Post by carljanderson » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:15 am

First things I can think of..

How OLD is your InfiniTV 4?

What Firmware is it on?

For me, I had to downgrade to beta firmware 1.2.2.6 and these issues went away for me. The second I tried upgrading to ANY of the later beta firmware revisions, I would encounter the "No TV Signal" -> "Tuner Conflict" message.

I have had my PCI-E infinitv4 since December 2010.

p.s. I seem to recall stable FW 1.1.8.2 was also not giving me these errors.

p.p.s. I am annoyed at the number of EAS messages I am getting on Verizon FiOS in VHO3, and would to get a FW to work with my card, but can't yet.

SteveV

Post by SteveV » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I've had my InfiniTV 4 since early 2011 and have had this problem since day one. Firmware and driver updates, including some of the beta versions have helped marginally but the problem persists. What really sucks is that every time I restart the HTPC I need to remember to start MC and go to live tv to confirm that the tuners are available. I've forgotten to do this more than once only to later find out that none of my schedule recordings had recorded--not fun. Also, shutting and rebooting seem to randomly work to fix the problem. In some cases I've needed to reboot 3 or 4 times before the tuners are available. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

The other PITA problem I see randomly is recordings that never complete and keep running for days finally requiring a reboot to cancel. It's a shame because the ITV is otherwise awesome. But when I think of upgrading to the 6 tuner PCIe model I'm less than excited about shelling out another $300 to potentially experience the same "Tuner not found..." errors.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:06 pm

SteveV wrote: The other PITA problem I see randomly is recordings that never complete and keep running for days finally requiring a reboot to cancel. It's a shame because the ITV is otherwise awesome.
That doesn't sound like a tuner problem - the tuner doesn't decide when recordings start and stop.

I've never heard anyone else describe that problem, which suggests that there's something wrong with your WMC setup.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:54 pm

This may seem illogical but it solved my exact problem. Try this:

Open up 'Audio Devices'.

Right click on your default audio deviceand select properties.

In the advanced tab, uncheck 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'.

It's worth a shot and worked for me.
Attachments
audio.jpg