WMC8 InfiniTV6 ETH Problems

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JimRPh

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC8 InfiniTV6 ETH Problems

Post by JimRPh » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I recently did a major PC rebuild in an effort to be ready for the massive number of new TV shows coming this Fall. Sadly, I did not know the TiVo Roamio was coming, or I would have put my money there instead.

The center of my new Media PC is a Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth and Windows 8 Media Center. Full system specs are listed below. However, since setting it up, I have experienced a series of problems.

1 - "Setup CableCard" pops up every few days. If I do so, a few clicks keeps things working. If I say do it later, or don't check on it in time, then nothing records.

2 - Occasionally warms that my graphics card has less than 64GB of RAM and may not function correctly.

3 - A couple of times, the tuners could not be found.

4 - Once it reported that Windows would support at most four tuners.

5 - Screen will occasionally not wake, despite having sleep and power settings set to always on (hooked via HDMI to TV) (may be Windows bug and not Ceton)

Ceton's tech support asked me to completely uninstall both my firewall (Comodo) and my anti-visus (Kapersky). I'm wary about this, and had already excluded the Ceton from my firewall.

My PC Setup:
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD (All BIOS settings for power conservation)
CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4100 3.6G 8M R
Memory 8Gx2|GSKILL F3-1600C9D-16GXM R
Graphics Card XFX AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express FX787ACDFC;FX-787A-CDFC
Boot HDD SSD 120G|KHX SH103S3/120G R
TV HDD EXT HDD ST|STBV4000100 4T RT
Optical Drive Lite-On LH-2B1S 2X SATA Blu-ray
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling, Inc. Silencer 610 EPS12V
FAVI Wireless Keyboard / Mouse
HP IR Receiver and remote for WMC
Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH - 6-channel Cable TV Ethernet Tuner for CableCARD

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:31 am

I would follow Ceton's recommendation and uninstall your firewall and anti-virus software. They are both unnecessary for a dedicated HTPC. You can get the same protection with Windows Firewall / Defender and MSE.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:36 pm

JimRPh wrote:
My PC Setup:
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD (All BIOS settings for power conservation) not advised, set for max performance
CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4100 3.6G 8M R
Memory 8Gx2|GSKILL F3-1600C9D-16GXM R
Graphics Card XFX AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express FX787ACDFC;FX-787A-CDFC DisplayPort isn't supported for copy protection
Boot HDD SSD 120G|KHX SH103S3/120G R
TV HDD EXT HDD ST|STBV4000100 4T RT
Optical Drive Lite-On LH-2B1S 2X SATA Blu-ray
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling, Inc. Silencer 610 EPS12V
FAVI Wireless Keyboard / Mouse
HP IR Receiver and remote for WMC
Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH - 6-channel Cable TV Ethernet Tuner for CableCARD
For best results, remove (totally remove) any 3RD PARTY AVS and Firewall (download and run their clean-up tool or run drive sweeper). You'll spend months getting the rules right and exceptions worked out--if you'd started with Vista and OEM when the only choice was the ATI DCT and OEM Bios for cableCARD along with Norton or McAfee you'd welcome the entrance of the MS SE/Defender. That's all you should need anyway. There are some issues with ATI cards with HBO if you have that in your package. Check 29/59 elsewhere. Nvidia cards don't seem to suffer this problem.

Going to sleep or hibernation is a possible cause of losing tuners depending on how things reload when waking up. It's just best to leave it on if you're using the tuner or just power button off if you want to save a few watts.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:02 pm

For some reason the stable driver update for Ceton removed the 32 tuner limit and enabled the 4 tuner limit. Installing beta drivers and beta firmware for ETH 6 seemed to fix everything.