Ceton Otay program has stopped responding

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dsherley9

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Otay program has stopped responding

Post by dsherley9 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 pm

I have a windows 8 computer and media center keeps crashing and has a window saying windows media center is restarting. It's now been happening a couple times a day in the middle of watching tv. When media center restarts back up it has a box in the lower right corner claiming that the "ceton otay program has stopped responding" and I do have My Media Center up to date. Does anybody know what might cause this?

foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by foxwood » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 pm

As far as I know, the Ceton OTAY service is part of the My Media Center Services that the My Media Center Apps connect to. I'd suggest you start by uninstalling My Media Center Services , at least until you figure out whether it' crashing because Windows Media Center is crashing, or if it's causing WMC to restart.

You won't be able to use the MMC app without the services, but it shouldn't affect the use of InfiniTV tuners or Echo Extenders, as far as I know.