Missing Shows on Laptop WMC's Library pointed to HTPC WMC's

tony_park

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by tony_park » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Jon,

have you checked out whether the registry settings as detailed: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... 86961.aspx sort the recordings appearing on your remote pc?

foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by foxwood » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:44 pm

JazJon wrote:hmmm if Media Center won't auto delete old stuff any more that's a deal breaker. I guess I'll have to deal with the other bug then. I'm going to forget to delete the old stuff and it will build up fast. Oh well it was a fun experiment.

Media Center will be a distant memory once XBMC get's their act together. I keep poking around every few months but it's not nearly interesting enough for me to switch yet.

When I am ready I plan to over lap both XBMC PVR and MCE at the same time for awhile.
Wow, you really do believe in making things hard for yourself, don't you? You've a 3TB drive, but you only have 7 hours of recording space free on it?

First off, if WMC started deleting stuff whilly nilly when it needed some more space, I have a feeling you'd be one of the first in line to complain about it. WMC "owns" the Recorded TV folder, so it will delete stuff in there if it needs to make space for additional recordings. It doesn't "own" your Recorded TV2 folder, it's only "watching" it, so it doesn't delete things there. If that's a problem for you, do one of two things - stop recording shit that you're not going to watch anyway, or give WMC more room for recordings!