Hello from Assassin

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
assassin

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hello from Assassin

Post by assassin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:20 am

Hello Community. I received an request from Scallica at AVS to become part of your community and I am happy to do so.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am assassin who posts regularly at AVS. For those you who have been to AVS you have undoubtedly seen my free HTPC Buyer's and Builder's Guide which is now about 8 months old with 634,000 views and about 7,500 replies. I keep this up for free as a service to the community there.

Additionally I have grown this guide into a small and very specialized business that builds the best and most custom HTPCs in the World ( http://www.assassinhtpc.com ). One of the options that we sell is a fully configured HTPC with mediabrowser and all HD bitstreaming codecs that is as "ready to go out of the box" as any HTPC on the planet. We do pre-configured as well as custom HTPCs and have shipped all over the world.

Finally, I have a blog with 35+ paid guides that show how I setup and use a HTPC. These are step-by-step and illustrated. They are located at http://www.assassinhtpcblog.com . If you click on the membership link you can see a table of contents as far as what is included.

I hope to become a active member of this community. If you follow my thread at AVS you can see that I regularly help people with their builds and to troubleshoot their HTPCs. I hope to do the same here.

My goal, and the goal of my small business, is to get anyone and everyone involved with a HTPC however possible.

-Assassin

(links will be updated once I have reached to appropriate limit to post them)
Last edited by assassin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Assassin and welcome to the board. It is good to have you here. I have to admit i dont frequent the AVS forums, but occassionally i do as there is great informatioon over there. I have read your posts in the past and recognize you however and know you have been a valuable asset to the community there and I'm sure you will be here as well.
Greg

assassin

Post by assassin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks. I look forward to the community here.

Once I can post links I may import my guide over here as well.

www.assassinhtpc.com

assassin

Post by assassin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Links are now working.

Enjoy.

assassin

Post by assassin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 am

I updated the hardware guide pdf version which you can download from the membership tab at my blog. The link is in post #1 of this thread.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Assassin - you forgot to mention the themes you create!!
Mike

hakamarob

Post by hakamarob » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:46 pm

your guide was a big help when I built my HTPC. thanks very much and welcome

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:39 am

Good to have you here. You where a big help to me when I was trying to get lav splitter working with master audio on the Media Browser forums.