Is there a way to queue short videos before a feature?

wackychimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there a way to queue short videos before a feature?

Post by wackychimp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 pm

So I'd like to be able to show some customized intro videos (from vipid.com) and maybe some previews before playing a feature. Is there any way to do this in WMC? Of course I could edit them together and play them manually and then go back into WMC and play the feature but that's defeating the purpose of the one-stop solution. It'd be great too if it would randomly play from a list so it wouldn't be the same intro videos every time... but maybe that's asking too much.

Is there any way to do this? Maybe plugin or outside app that can be launched from WMC?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:49 pm

I remember Stuart (cw-kid) posting about a solution for this.

I can't post a link right now as I'm on my phone but you can try searching over at www.thedigitallifestyle.com
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Maybe I imagined it, I can't see anything other than his original post about the custom into site over at tdl....

I'm sure I saw something though. Maybe mymovies?
Rob.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Mediabrowser will play multiple files from a folder by default I think so you could place an intro in each movie folder I guess, it wouldn't be random though...
Rob.

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:41 pm

MyMovies has a function like that. I made a bunch of intros using "vipidme" (I think that's the name).
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:58 pm

its a paid add on for mediabrowser but it works well. you can do random from a selection. i used to have a "trailers" intro followed by two random trailers from the my trailers addon (paid again) then a "main feature" intro, then into the film. the trailers and intros addon haven't been made compatible with MB3 yet so i'm not using it at present

wackychimp

Post by wackychimp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

bobbob wrote:its a paid add on for mediabrowser but it works well. you can do random from a selection. i used to have a "trailers" intro followed by two random trailers from the my trailers addon (paid again) then a "main feature" intro, then into the film. the trailers and intros addon haven't been made compatible with MB3 yet so i'm not using it at present
Thanks! Regarding the trailers addon: Does it load current trailers from the Web or do you have to go out and pick which ones you want to download? Sounds like it'll at least work with my vipid.com videos.

EDIT: OK I see now: you can set it to go out and collect trailers for you. http://www.mediabrowser.tv/store/details/8
$10 for both plugins is a bargain in my book.