CDT CableCARD Tab All Checkmarks Missing

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee

HTPC Specs: Show details

CDT CableCARD Tab All Checkmarks Missing

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 am

All the Check-marks are missing on the CableCARD Tab in my Ceton Diagnostic Tool. It is possible to enter a channel number in the blank box towards the bottom. But the Button to check the channel is greyed out.

The InfiniTV Tab looks normal. And the Devices Tab looks normal and has all the Check-marks.

Surprisingly, WMC seems to be working fine.

I've tried power-cycling both the Ceton and TV-Tuner several times. But that doesn't resolve the missing Check-marks.

What steps should I take to diagnose all the missing Check-marks on the CableCARD Tab in the Ceton Diagnostic Tool?

Thanks!

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Are you able to access the iTV diagnostic's webpage when it's in that state?

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm

grinchy wrote:Are you able to access the iTV diagnostic's webpage when it's in that state?
Thanks for the help.
(I totally forgot about the iTV diagnostic's webpage. i guess it is good that i haven't needed much.)

The iTV diagnostic's webpage looks fine. I can access it.

all four tuners list "Green" next to "WMDRM Pairing". and all seems AOK. i don't know anything about anything as far as TV-Tech goes.

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm

I'd say that's a good sign then. Though I don't have any empirical evidence, I always suspected that the checkmarks seen in the CDT tool came from validations on what was reported from the diagnostic web page. In other words, if the diagnostic page is functioning and correct, then the corresponding tool would/should report as such. This issue would seem to live in the diagnostic tool client assuming that's true - and would be consistent that everything is working OK in WMC.

Sorry, not much help here... but I'd definately open a case if it's readily reproducible.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

grinchy wrote:I'd say that's a good sign then. Though I don't have any empirical evidence, I always suspected that the checkmarks seen in the CDT tool came from validations on what was reported from the diagnostic web page. In other words, if the diagnostic page is functioning and correct, then the corresponding tool would/should report as such. This issue would seem to live in the diagnostic tool client assuming that's true - and would be consistent that everything is working OK in WMC.

Sorry, not much help here... but I'd definately open a case if it's readily reproducible.
cool. thanks for the help. i feel comfortable now. using ur alternative suggestion: the iTV diagnostic's webpage if or when the CDT is faulty, helps enormously!

after all, i don't want to miss Game 7 of the NBA Finals. ;)

after the Final NBA game tomorrow; i can possibly try backing-up the entire partition (C Drive). Then restore a previous backup, and or reinstall the Ceton Software.

Ever since the CDT messed up late last night; i've successfully recorded all the Sports News related shows i wanted to see. and all seems AOK. :)

After the NBA Finals, I'll finally be able to upgrade to a faster HTPC I have. I have a 4Xs faster PC (with 4GB RAM) to use that is just collecting dust in the corner. (because I don't care about Baseball i can properly upgrade and test and not miss anything big, sports-wise. i follow most all College and Pro Sports.)

My current HTPC can't handle recording three channels while simultaneously watching one recording. (2GB RAM is not enough.) It CAN handle recording two shows and watching another.

i can't wait to get a Ceton InfiniTV 6!

thanks again for ur help, Grinchy! :)