Question for Logitech Harmony users

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
TastytheDog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Question for Logitech Harmony users

Post by TastytheDog » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm using a Logitech Harmony 650 with my Echo. What I want is to leave the Echo on all the time since it often has trouble connecting to the network, takes forever to boot, and uses so little energy anyway. Unfortunately when I program an activity involving the Echo (using the Windows Media Center profile) the remote turns it on and off every time I start and stop that activity. Is there any way to disable that function? I can't find it in the Logitech menus, no matter where I look it won't let me customize power on/off. Had this same problem using this remote directly with my media center PC, it kept putting it into sleep mode when all I wanted was to turn the TV off. Thanks for any help.

TastytheDog

Post by TastytheDog » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. God I'm dumb.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Reprogram the power "off" to do something else such as "stop". Likewise, you'll have to reprogram power "on" to something else; at one point I had power "on" = recorded TV but you can have it do anything (or nothing).

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Tells us how you did it, Tasty. I've always wondered where those device power options were in the myharmony software. They were easy to find in the 7.7 software.

nick

Post by nick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Configure the power settings for the xbox media center device as either no power buttons or leave on all the time:
power-settings.jpg
Then configure the shutdown actions for your MCE activities to issue a stop:
shutdown-activity.jpg

TastytheDog

Post by TastytheDog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm

yep, nick answered it. that's what I did.