No Ceton Infinitv logo in WMC to setup tuners help

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bigcity

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Ceton Infinitv logo in WMC to setup tuners help

Post by bigcity » Sat May 18, 2013 4:24 pm

So I uninstalled all ceton software, downloaded and reinstalled all the software and went into WMC to setup the tuners but I do not have a Ceton logo in the menu to select to go setup the tuners, what did I do wrong and how do I get it to show up so I can setup the tuners to finish the install?

the diagnostic tool sees the ETH and the cable card along with the tuning adapter just cant get it setup in WMC?

ArtieMcD

Post by ArtieMcD » Sat May 18, 2013 4:36 pm

bigcity wrote:So I uninstalled all ceton software, downloaded and reinstalled all the software and went into WMC to setup the tuners but I do not have a Ceton logo in the menu to select to go setup the tuners, what did I do wrong and how do I get it to show up so I can setup the tuners to finish the install?

the diagnostic tool sees the ETH and the cable card along with the tuning adapter just cant get it setup in WMC?
I had the same issue on a Windows 8 install. However Media Center detected the network tuners fine. I am using the beta firmware so I didn't need to assign the tuners manually opting for the dynamic tuner pooling instead.

bigcity

Post by bigcity » Sat May 18, 2013 5:26 pm

actually now the web interface is showing that the tuning resolver is disabled, how do you re enable it, my cisco box shows no blinking light so should be fine just doens't seem to be connecting to the computer

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat May 18, 2013 6:19 pm

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "ceton logo" if you are refering the WMC add-ins that used to be there those have been deprecated in the latest version. You can open up the diagnostics and under devices there are several options there.
devices.PNG
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ArtieMcD

Post by ArtieMcD » Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Motz:

Just FYI.. Some of the confusion may be coming from the fact the Quick Install Guide that shipped with the InfinitiTV 6 ETH guide... Step 5, clearly asks the user to run the "Ceton Network Tuners plugin in Windows Media Center"... Which of course as you explained is deprecated and not there. In fact because it's not present... I could not find a way to perform the tuner assignments in Windows 8 if one were to not want to do the dynamic tuner pooling. Of course, in my situation I upgraded the firmware to the tuner pooling version so I simply skipped this step and moved on to letting Media center discover the device.

bigcity

Post by bigcity » Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah, I was just trying to follow the directions included with the unit. WMC found and setup the tuners just fine, but now I'm having a separate issue with the tuners, I keep getting the Service Unavailable message when I try to tune a channel, noticed from the web interface that this seems to happen when the tuner WMDRM Pairing: goes RED instead of GREEN? Never had that one before, what's the issue that is causing that to occur, a reboot of the machine seems to solve it but it keeps recurring every hour or 2???

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm

@ArtieMcD Ahh gotcha we updated the Quick Install Guide http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/Infi ... _Guide.pdf

Unfortunately it is hard sometimes to lineup the original shipments in box instructions with the absolute final items due to packaging and shipping time and distribution and all that good stuff.

I created a sticky with the latest version.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

bigcity

Post by bigcity » Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Any thoughts on the WMDRM or should I submit a support ticket?

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:46 pm

bigcity wrote:Any thoughts on the WMDRM or should I submit a support ticket?
Two things to check/try

1. In Media Center Tasks look at TV and see if there is a "Playready Update" item. If so run it.
2. When you see RED on WD-DRM pairing you can try:
a. download the SD installer program (you don't need any SD tuners) and run it. When installed click on it and then go to the advanced tab and click repair and apply.
b. or stop and restart the ehRecvr service. You can do this either from the task manager/services open services button and then stop and start --OR-- open an elevated command prompt and type each entry followed by the enter key.

net stop ehRecvr

net start ehRecvr

In either case of item 2, it will take a few minutes before the tuners should be re-DRM'd and go GREEN. Hopefully your issue is related to item 1 which will fix it.

bigcity

Post by bigcity » Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Should hte play ready update show up directly under the TV menu or is it under one of the subset windows? Don't see it any where and haven't had any luck finding it under any of hte subsets.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Have you gone into the "Extras Library" or "Extras Gallery" and run the Digital Cable Advisor? This should push it as well.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 pm

I talked to some support guys they said to try to clear out the tuners and re-detect them via diagnostics. Basically go through setup again.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 pm

bigcity wrote:Should hte play ready update show up directly under the TV menu or is it under one of the subset windows? Don't see it any where and haven't had any luck finding it under any of hte subsets.
If its there it is in the main list and once run disappears. If it's not there either it wasn't installed or it's not detected as having a problem.

as Motz said, go to the diagnostic tool, remove tuner set-up info and when that clears run detect tuners and then go back to media center and run tv set-up again.

If this was you first cableCARD install on this computer, you had to run the DCA first and when you do, don't have MC full screen because once you allow it to update the system, three is a UAC that appears and has to be approved for the changes. Full screen and you'll miss it and it'll time out and the changes won't be made.

ZeroMatrix

Post by ZeroMatrix » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:34 pm

ArtieMcD wrote:Motz:

Just FYI.. Some of the confusion may be coming from the fact the Quick Install Guide that shipped with the InfinitiTV 6 ETH guide... Step 5, clearly asks the user to run the "Ceton Network Tuners plugin in Windows Media Center"... Which of course as you explained is deprecated and not there. In fact because it's not present... I could not find a way to perform the tuner assignments in Windows 8 if one were to not want to do the dynamic tuner pooling. Of course, in my situation I upgraded the firmware to the tuner pooling version so I simply skipped this step and moved on to letting Media center discover the device.
Ditto, I can confirm this confusion. Thanks for the clarification on these posts.

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:32 am

Motz wrote:I am not sure exactly what you mean by "ceton logo" if you are refering the WMC add-ins that used to be there those have been deprecated in the latest version.
I was wondering what happened to the Ceton Network Tuners plugin in Windows Media Center. I assumed it was missing due to a bug, but I guess it was removed in the latest version on purpose. Oh well it nice to have but not really all that important I guess. Good to know! (saved me from uninstalling/re-installing to try and get it back)

brobin10

Post by brobin10 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:29 pm

where did the logo go in the newest version and how are we supposed to setup the network tuning without any link to doing so??

my second htpc wont detect any of the tuners installed in my host htpc

is something just supposed to happen automatically?