Weak TV signal messages

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
1992lee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Weak TV signal messages

Post by 1992lee » Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I possibly discovered something that may help troubleshooting this problem. I have an Infinitv4 pcie version that was purchased in 2011. I have some annoying weak signal messages periodically. Firmware and driver updates have partially fixed this problem
in the past. It recently started up again. I separated the input cable away from the mess of wires behind my HTPC to help in checking all of the connections. Getting the input cable away from all of the other mess seems to have cured my weak tv signal problem. It made me think that interference from other wires is part of my ongoing problem.

I thought that this may help someone having similar issues.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm

It's also possible that just disconnecting and reconnecting the cable while you were moving it gave you a better connection than you had before.

1992lee

Post by 1992lee » Thu May 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Hey Foxwood, I didn't explain what happened very clearly. I didn't unplug anything. I just shifted the mess of wires entangling the cable input away so that the cable input was no longer covered by other RG6 and Cat5e lines.

william fankboner

Post by william fankboner » Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 am

I tried your solution. It worked. I raised the tuner adapter to a platform, half a foot away from the tangled rat's nest of cables and immediately experienced excellent reception. Channel changes still take about two seconds, but the picture is perfect.

Many thanks for your contribution!

1992lee

Post by 1992lee » Sun May 26, 2013 4:07 am

William,
I am glad it helped. It made a difference for me, and I am considering moving my HTPC to different location so that it is the only electronic device in the area.