13.5.6.135 Beta Firmware for InfiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Teddyboy16

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Teddyboy16 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:12 pm

mdavej wrote:Last time the no signal issue happened to me, it turned out to be broken play ready. You may want to try updating that again. Sometimes windows thinks you've had a hardware change when it was only firmware.
In this particular case, it's not playready. It's definitely a regression in the firmware. I had to go back to 1.2.2.6 and the issue stopped occurring. I submitted a ticket and went through the troubleshooting process, and Ceton is aware of the regression. Which is why they took me back to 1.2.2.6.

When this was happening only a reboot would bring the tuners back. It would be up for hours before i had to reboot the PC. It was really annoying! If people are having this issue after upgrading to the current beta firmware, then submit a trouble ticket to ceton.

The only issue remaining is pixelation of a recorded program or Live TV when more than one tuner is active. I get no pixelation when only one tuner is active.

STC

Post by STC » Fri May 17, 2013 5:18 pm

I advise people go easy with any form of beta software.
If you have a specific issue, see if the beta rectifies it, if not wait and wait some more before taking the plunge.

The above issues highlight the reason they are beta releases. Expect the unexpected :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri May 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Teddyboy16 wrote:
mdavej wrote:Last time the no signal issue happened to me, it turned out to be broken play ready. You may want to try updating that again. Sometimes windows thinks you've had a hardware change when it was only firmware.
In this particular case, it's not playready. It's definitely a regression in the firmware. I had to go back to 1.2.2.6 and the issue stopped occurring. I submitted a ticket and went through the troubleshooting process, and Ceton is aware of the regression. Which is why they took me back to 1.2.2.6.

When this was happening only a reboot would bring the tuners back. It would be up for hours before i had to reboot the PC. It was really annoying! If people are having this issue after upgrading to the current beta firmware, then submit a trouble ticket to ceton.

The only issue remaining is pixelation of a recorded program or Live TV when more than one tuner is active. I get no pixelation when only one tuner is active.
I've seen a few people claim they experienced this issue, however only one person has opened a support ticket (and their issue appeared to be unrelated, but they refused to follow the action plan that I believed would resolve it). If you are experiencing this issue (and reverting firmware resolves it) please open a support ticket with us.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri May 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Teddyboy16 wrote:

I guess there are a lot of factors at play here. The latest firmware available for my 6210 version hardware is 13.5.6.132 which is working fine for me using PCIe driver version 1.0.2.4. I haven't updated any drivers for about 9 months because I haven't seen any changes documented that offer any improvements for me.

If you had to roll back to driver version 1.2.2.6, what firmware version are you actually running now?

Teddyboy16

Post by Teddyboy16 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:12 pm

erkotz wrote:
Teddyboy16 wrote:

I've seen a few people claim they experienced this issue, however only one person has opened a support ticket (and their issue appeared to be unrelated, but they refused to follow the action plan that I believed would resolve it). If you are experiencing this issue (and reverting firmware resolves it) please open a support ticket with us.
In my particular case, it appears to be related to the current firmware. I opened a ticket # JRI-231-27391 and have been working with support to resolve the no TV signal which it appears to have been fixed by going to a previous revision of firmware. The pixelation issue has been going on for quite some time, and has gone from a minor annoyance to a major annoyance. I tried upgrading to see if it would get better, but it appears to be a regression. I am currently working with support on the pixelation issue, and I have done everything that has been requested of me except for one item. I do not have a spare 1TB hard drive to swap out with the one in service. I hope you are not referring to me about not following through.

Teddyboy16

Post by Teddyboy16 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:50 pm

mdavej wrote: I guess there are a lot of factors at play here. The latest firmware available for my 6210 version hardware is 13.5.6.132 which is working fine for me using PCIe driver version 1.0.2.4. I haven't updated any drivers for about 9 months because I haven't seen any changes documented that offer any improvements for me.

If you had to roll back to driver version 1.2.2.6, what firmware version are you actually running now?
That's not the driver version. 1.2.2.6 is the firmware version. The hardware version that is on the card is 6829. The driver package version running on the PC is 13.3.22.1342. The 1.2.2.6 firmware and the driver now installed on the PC seem to be working well together. Channel changes are quick, and so far I haven't gotten the no TV signal error because the device was slow in tuning to a channel to record a program. It would roll to the next available tuner until it would lock on. Sometimes it wasn't successful because there was only one tuner available and the others where busy. It was an occasional glitch, but one that happens often enough that it was annoying.

I run a vanilla Media Center HTPC. I run no codecs other than what comes standard with the platform or what is installed by Arcsoft Total Media Theater for blu-rays. I run very few plugins. MC Shoutcast, My Movies, Netflix, Revision3, Console View for WHS. All my DVDs and Blu-rays are ripped to folder structures. No anti virus because I dont do anything on the HTPC except windows update or upgrading plugins or drivers if required. It's all very straight forward. I don't normally mess with my InfiniTV, but it was starting to get really annoying. I want it to run like an appliance as much as possible. I should have opened a ticket before attempting to upgrade. My Bad :oops:

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Teddyboy16 wrote:I hope you are not referring to me about not following through.
I was not referring to you.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

SoundForSound

Post by SoundForSound » Fri May 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I can say for sure the new fwr caused very frequent No Signal issues on my gen1 pcie card. Would get that within mins of changing channels a few times. Reverting fixed it. It was not just random with the new fwr. I was able to repro within mins across a few reboots. Once I reverted it was instantly stable again.

I got the new Ceton6ETH and was a little worried when I saw the stable fwr version as it was close to this beta rev, but updated and so far all seems well with that.

Does everyone having issues with the beta fwr have a gen1 pcie card?

Teddyboy16

Post by Teddyboy16 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

I have a first generation card, and reverting to an older version of firmware eliminated the No TV signal issue that required a reboot to get it back.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:58 am

fiteclub wrote:Is this FW update only for certain hardware? My diagnostic tool shows no updates (beta or otherwise) available for my card. My FW version is 13.5.6.132 and Hardware FW 6829. BTW, the EAS blocking feature is available to me.
Sorry, I think I added some confusion. I'm running 132 as well, not 135 as is indicated in the thread title. I'm not sure how to get 135, as I don't see it available in the diag utility.

FWIW, Wednesday night I had an issue where WMC threw an error saying there was no TV signal on every channel I tried to tune. Rebooting solved the error. I'm not sure if this is related to the issues others are reporting, but I haven't had any further problems.

fiteclub

Post by fiteclub » Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 pm

erkotz wrote:
Teddyboy16 wrote:

Erkotz, are you referring to the pixelation issue when using more than one tuner? If so, I guess you are referring to my ticket (EDC-286-42291) since I opened a ticket and had this problem. Here is what Ceton suggested I do:

We have gone over the newest diagnostic capture and Wireshark information that you have provided. We only detected a couple or errors in the Wireshark capture and the diagnostic also did not report many errors. We were able to rebuild the video clip and watch it without a problem. We believe there may be something on your system causing the pixilation. We have gone through the diagnostic capture and came up with a list of potential conflicts.

0281 DisplayName = HDHomeRun
0731 DisplayName = BitTorrent
0790 DisplayName = AVerMedia Applications
0823 DisplayName = Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100
1122 DisplayName = InfiniTVStatus
1378 DisplayName = PlayOn
1403 DisplayName = myRemote
1476 DisplayName = Win7codecs
1685 DisplayName = AVerMedia Applications
1845 DisplayName = Windows Media Center Add-in for Flash

Since the infiniTV is recognized as a network device, anything that affects network communication could affect the video quality. We would suggest removing Malwarebytes first to see if it is interfering with the network traffic. Also, codec packs such as Win7codecs can cause issues as well.

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Thank you,
Ceton Support

Well, to be honest this seems like wild guessing to me but of the items listed above here is what I have done

1. HDHomerun: nothing since I need this for my two HDHomerun tuners
2. Bittorrent: nothing since I rarely use it and I was not torrenting anything when the issue happened
3. Avermedia: removed (legacy software that was doing nothing)
4. Malwarebytes: only runs on demand and was not running during issue.
5. Infinitvstatus: removed
6. Playon: removed
7. myRemote: removed
8. Win7codecs: I need these to play MKVs on the Echo and Xbox extenders. Will remove when Ceton supports MKV playback.
9. Avermedia applications: removed
10. Windows media Center addin for flash: removed

My HDHomerun is a network device and I never have pixelation with it. If the Infinitv is so touchy that NO other software can be run on the HTPC then that is poor programming and design in my book.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Teddyboy16 wrote:I have a first generation card, and reverting to an older version of firmware eliminated the No TV signal issue that required a reboot to get it back.
I had the the same issue as soon as I updated. Rolling back the firmware seems to have fixed it.

MinistryOfMagic

Post by MinistryOfMagic » Sun May 19, 2013 12:51 am

MinistryOfMagic wrote:I installed this on both of my InfiniTV4's and even though I can watch these channels live, when it's time to record the shows I keep getting NO TV Signal on all the channels. Is there I way I can download the older firmware and reflash the cards?

It looks like it eventually starts recording, but it takes almost a minute or more before it starts recording. I had four shows scheduled to record then received NO TV Signal on all of them. Three actually started recording about 1-2 minutes late, but the other one never recorded.
I also created a support ticket with Ceton, regarding the NO TV Signal problems I was having on both of my Gen 1 PCI-e InfiniTV 4's. After downloading and reflashing with ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE, my NO TV Signal problems have disappeared.

With 13.5.6.135 Beta Firmware, it would record a couple shows in a row and then it would always display the NO TV Signal. This occurred on every show that was scheduled to record and even when trying to view a channel live until I rebooted the PC, then the cycle would repeat.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun May 19, 2013 1:27 am

carljanderson wrote:
MinistryOfMagic wrote:I installed this on both of my InfiniTV4's and even though I can watch these channels live, when it's time to record the shows I keep getting NO TV Signal on all the channels. Is there I way I can download the older firmware and reflash the cards?

It looks like it eventually starts recording, but it takes almost a minute or more before it starts recording. I had four shows scheduled to record then received NO TV Signal on all of them. Three actually started recording about 1-2 minutes late, but the other one never recorded.
I just submitted a ticket for this issue. Glad to see I am not the only one.

For me, I am only able to use one tuner when that happens. I don't seem to get the other tuners back.
I have had similar issue as well. Frequent "no tuner available" messages yet my show records anyway though... I have two different PCIe InfiniTV4's one older original release card and a newer version.. I think there may be an issue with the firmware not working correctly with one of the cards (maybe older PCIe Version) but fine with the other (newer PCIe version) as it cycles through about 4 "no tuner" messages until it finds a tuner (second card I am guessing) and records the show anyway. I don't know if this is actually what's happening ..I'm just guessing. But I am having the "no tuner available" messages post latest beta firmware update on both cards. I uninstalled the drivers tonight and reinstalled the latest beta drivers, cleared the network configuration, cleared the tuner configuration and re-discovered the tuners and ran through TV Setup in MC again. I'll post again if I continue to see the issue.
newfiend

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:21 am

fiteclub wrote:Erkotz, are you referring to the pixelation issue when using more than one tuner? If so, I guess you are referring to my ticket (EDC-286-42291) since I opened a ticket and had this problem.
I don't think that's the issue he is talking about. I opened a ticked on the pixelation issue as well, and did everything Ceton told me to do.

coyote

Post by coyote » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

13.5.6.135 was causing the same No TV Signal on my gen1 PCI-E card. If you watch the InfiniTV log page, the message

Code: Select all

ERROR: Unable to get RFSynth lock (10)
is logged continuously and all four tuners will fail.

A power-cycle cycle or restart of the PC will fix it.
Or from the log page enter "reboot" into the command box. The tuner comes back online within a minute and you don't have to interrupt anything.

Did they pull the 13.5.6.135 firmware? Even the beta drivers say the newest is 1.1.2.6 and HW 6829.

I'm so glad Ceton went with a year.month.day.revision versioning, which I find much easier to keep track of.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue May 21, 2013 1:12 am

I just rolled back to 1.2.2.6 again and all seems to be working properly again. I also have a PCIe Gen 1 Card and every time I had a scheduled recording it would fail with 4 separate tuner not available messages in WMC and finally record on one of the tuners on the other PCIe card in my machine (Gen 2 card). I sent in a Diag. Report and created a ticket with Ceton to help get this resolved.
newfiend~

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 am

coyote wrote:13.5.6.135 was causing the same No TV Signal on my gen1 PCI-E card. If you watch the InfiniTV log page, the message

Code: Select all

ERROR: Unable to get RFSynth lock (10)
is logged continuously and all four tuners will fail.

A power-cycle cycle or restart of the PC will fix it.
Or from the log page enter "reboot" into the command box. The tuner comes back online within a minute and you don't have to interrupt anything.

Did they pull the 13.5.6.135 firmware? Even the beta drivers say the newest is 1.1.2.6 and HW 6829.

I'm so glad Ceton went with a year.month.day.revision versioning, which I find much easier to keep track of.
I've had the same thing happen twice...both times I had that same error.

I'd open a ticket but for some stupid reason the diag tool won't save the diag file...keeps telling me to try again.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Tue May 21, 2013 11:59 pm

fiteclub wrote:Is this FW update only for certain hardware? My diagnostic tool shows no updates (beta or otherwise) available for my card. My FW version is 13.5.6.132 and Hardware FW 6829. BTW, the EAS blocking feature is available to me.
Same here... I would love to at least temporarily disable EAS as the other day a local station ran a 5 hour+ required monthly test... I kid you not 5 Hours for what most stations run for 15 minutes to an hour... of course since this one station decided it needed 5 hours to test it, it was on every station (as it is supposed to be)

ptranluu

Post by ptranluu » Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

I have this same problem. I just open a support ticket.