13.5.6.135 Beta Firmware for InfiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
06g35meister

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by 06g35meister » Thu May 30, 2013 12:57 am

Any chance this will make my tuner available after sleeping? I have been getting inconsistent waking as well as my tuner not being available after sleeping. Not happy...

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 am

How does one go about getting this firmware? I don't see it listed in the Ceton Utility and I have the checkbox "include Beta" checked?

Also, is this the only firmware that allows for the "Disable EAS Forwarding"? I'd really like to get my hands on that functionality.

I even loaded the latest Ceton Installer 13.06.03.1088 hoping I'd get access to the latest firmware to no avail.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:06 pm

I updated to 13.5.24.142 and have a "Disable EAS Forwarding" option in the web interface under "CABLEcard". When I press it, it doesn't seem to do much. The button still exists and says "disable EAS forwarding" still. BTW, make sure you are looking at the firmware version, not the driver version.

Just noticed the title. Sorry, mine is a Inifitv6 eth

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Yeah, I've looked at the web interface under CableCard and I don't have a button for "Disable EAS forwarding"...but I know I'm not running this 13.5.6.135 firmware...kinda hoping to get my hands on it.

Last night I had EAS messages that were disrupting my "extenders" both Xbox 360 and Linksys extender. They would work with LiveTV until the banner message kicked in and then the LiveTV would stop and I would have to exit and come back in in order to get LiveTV to work....then after a little while the EAS message would kick in and LiveTV would stop.

On my MediaCenter PC, the EAS message would disrupt the LiveTV but I could re-tune the channel and it would work....however, doing so on the extenders did not exhibit the same behavior.

In the past I've never had this issue, so I'm wondering if it's anything related to what's in the newer Ceton Installers?

How do I find an older Ceton Installer utility?

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:11 am

I've got the .132 FW on all my devices and have the disable EAS forwarding on the cableCARD tab of the web gui. I don't think this has anything to do with the installer or the diagnostic tool but is part of the FW update to the card itself. If you click beta on the update tab, are you offered anything other than the FW you're running?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:18 am

lopezi wrote:Yeah, I've looked at the web interface under CableCard and I don't have a button for "Disable EAS forwarding"...but I know I'm not running this 13.5.6.135 firmware...kinda hoping to get my hands on it.

Last night I had EAS messages that were disrupting my "extenders" both Xbox 360 and Linksys extender. They would work with LiveTV until the banner message kicked in and then the LiveTV would stop and I would have to exit and come back in in order to get LiveTV to work....then after a little while the EAS message would kick in and LiveTV would stop.

On my MediaCenter PC, the EAS message would disrupt the LiveTV but I could re-tune the channel and it would work....however, doing so on the extenders did not exhibit the same behavior.

In the past I've never had this issue, so I'm wondering if it's anything related to what's in the newer Ceton Installers?

How do I find an older Ceton Installer utility?
We are rolling out the firmware in a staggered fashion and it is not being offered to all units initially.
woodchuck wrote:I updated to 13.5.24.142 and have a "Disable EAS Forwarding" option in the web interface under "CABLEcard". When I press it, it doesn't seem to do much. The button still exists and says "disable EAS forwarding" still. BTW, make sure you are looking at the firmware version, not the driver version.

Just noticed the title. Sorry, mine is a Inifitv6 eth
This is expected. Nothing changes when the button has been pressed.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Post by 1454 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:32 pm

I am on 13.63.1008 and I can't find the disable EAS button on the cablecard page. I HATE these stupid warnings. THey are annoying and won't go away. Plus I'm really not trying to burn in my plasma. Does anyone know what's up with this. Will post pictures in a few minutes.

Edit, I just realized my firmware is only 1.2.2.6 Can I please be added to the beta firmware list to get this sooner rather than later. I appreciate all you guys have done, but I can't deal with TWC sending out these dummy alerts.

FastRC45

Post by FastRC45 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:20 am

Interesting, sorry to jump in but I'm a noob that has only released WMC to my wife and kids 2 weeks ago (3 eBay xboxes as extenders). Got home from work the other day and the wife tells me an emergency alert message stayed on the TV all day. Switched to the cable box (I haven't dumped them yet, but soon) and no alert. Is this a known issue? Assuming its an out of band transmission if card firmware can suppress it?

ZPrime

Post by ZPrime » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:28 am

FastRC45 wrote:Interesting, sorry to jump in but I'm a noob that has only released WMC to my wife and kids 2 weeks ago (3 eBay xboxes as extenders). Got home from work the other day and the wife tells me an emergency alert message stayed on the TV all day. Switched to the cable box (I haven't dumped them yet, but soon) and no alert. Is this a known issue? Assuming its an out of band transmission if card firmware can suppress it?
It's a WMC bug/issue, not really the fault of either Ceton or SiliconDust. I'm actually impressed Ceton is offering a button to suppress the messages... one more reason I wish I could get the Eth6 to work without fairly regular pixelation in my setup. :/

FastRC45

Post by FastRC45 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 am

6 tuners would be nice, but I just turned in my cable boxes so I have to have a stable system by the time the fall seasons start or I will have an unhappy household. As it stands now the rate of missed recordings is going to get me in trouble, but the TA is my flakiest component at this point

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 pm

erkotz wrote: We are rolling out the firmware in a staggered fashion and it is not being offered to all units initially.
It's been a little while and was just wondering if there is any more info. on when the firmware will be offered to more units?

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:20 pm

+1

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 pm

JohnW248 wrote:I've got the .132 FW on all my devices and have the disable EAS forwarding on the cableCARD tab of the web gui. ...
I've also got this version and have disable EAS checked. Not helping my problem of recordings in progress being killed with an error of "manually stopped for use by another device" with a bonus black screen Red Hat Linux login prompt on live Tv.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Are you having this problem on SDV channels? It almost sounds like an SDV channel is being pre-empted for an EAS announcement (that probably doesn't even make sense, and I'm lucky enough to live in a region where EAS doesn't seem to be used much - it certainly hasn't caused me any trouble in the last year or so).

Edit - this probably doesn't really belong in this thread. Sorry!

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm

foxwood wrote:Are you having this problem on SDV channels?
No tuning adapter here. Just an ETH6 on Comcast.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm

It was just a thought. Any chance you could grab a screen-shot the next time it happens, and post it here?

And is there any consistency to the time that the interruption seems to happen? I don't know, but I would have thought that EAS messages wouldn't be all that useful at 2AM, for example.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:34 pm

It's just a black screen. 4x3 video with this at the top:
Red Hat Linux Version 9 (shrike)
Kernal 2.4.24 on an 1606

Stockton Login:

So far it's happen at 10:04pm local time because my GF was watching Tv when it happened and when I looked at the error logs that is exactly when the recording on another channel/tuner was killed. The other few times were unknown because no recordings in progress were killed.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:04 pm

At this point, my best guess is your cable provider uses a RHL box as a character generator for it's EAS details channel, and the RHL box is broken, hence the screen you see. Every time they issue an EAS force-tune, it ends up there.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 pm

erkotz wrote:At this point, my best guess is your cable provider uses a RHL box as a character generator for it's EAS details channel, and the RHL box is broken
The cable provider is running Red Hat Linux 9 which is from 2003. They need to upgrade that Linux box or it will get hacked and this will happen:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/ ... IA20130212 :lol:
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

dmccall

Post by dmccall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:40 am

I'm not seeing any options about EAS in my Ceton Diagnostics application.

The alert handling is very annoying. In most cases the alerts are causing the screen to go black. On the PC I can go to the Home screen and restart Live TV, however the blue alert never dies. On an extender, the alert crashes the device. This was not a problem 2 years ago.