Issue with TA not being recognized

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
CaptainOverSpray

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 am

tech is coming out tomorrow to look at the signals. I will post what happens.

CaptainOverSpray

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Tech just left and found that my return signal is pretty much non existent. He now has the line guys coming out to see what is going on with the amplifiers on the pole. This tech was a power user like most of us and didn't try to bullshit me or sugar coat anything. Said should have this resolved within 24 hour. I might even have to remove the amp they put in my house about a year ago to get the signals up so the Ceton would work in the first place. What really pisses me off is the last tech they sent said that everything meets their spec and would not do anything besides stick the amp in the house and leave. Glad to have a tech that knew what he was looking for and willing to do the right thing.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 pm

In my experience, there's a huge difference between the techs that are sub-contractors and those that actually work for the cable company.

The sub-contractors are paid by the job, and if they don't show up on-time, they don't get paid. So, they rush to get out of one job so they can move on to the next. They also have to buy their own tools, so they may not have the best test equipment.

The ones who are employed directly by my cable company are paid hourly and have better test equipment that is provided by the cable company.

That's my perspective anyway... after fighting with them over something similar to the OP's problem.

CaptainOverSpray

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Mon May 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Ok so the line crew must of came out and did some work that seems to have corrected some of the issue with the TA. There is still retrans happening but media center has not fallen on its face constantly daily. Only seems to happen on the wifes teen mom 2 recordings that are reruns. So it is not a big issue. Now after upgrading the FW and drivers I am getting the macro blocking when recording on multiple channels at once. I know others are complaining about this and placing tickets with ceton. I am unable to do the diag and wireshark right now do to travel. I will keep this post up to date if the issue persists. I finally stopped doing a reboot nightly and it has been solid for almost a week.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm

People who have a VPN client were having issues with the latest FW for the PCie tuner. Tell Ceton, it's not a big deal to roll back the FW but they have to give you a link and then you have to update with the Web Gui and do a full shut down after the update and restart. That roll back has helped a couple of users.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon May 06, 2013 10:32 pm

JohnW248 wrote:People who have a VPN client were having issues with the latest FW for the PCie tuner. Tell Ceton, it's not a big deal to roll back the FW but they have to give you a link and then you have to update with the Web Gui and do a full shut down after the update and restart. That roll back has helped a couple of users.
To the best of my knowledge, we have received no reports (either via tickets, or here) of people having any additional issues with our newest beta FW and VPNs, and I'm not aware of any changes which could cause this. If anyone is experiencing issues on our beta release related to VPNs that are resolved by rolling back, please open a ticket.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 am

CaptainOverSpray wrote:Now after upgrading the FW and drivers I am getting the macro blocking when recording on multiple channels at once.
I had this issue after updating HW from 6408 to 6829. Rolling back to 6289 resolved the issue. I'm sure rolling back to 6408 would have resolved it, but Ceton sent me 6289 instead of 6408.
erkotz wrote:
JohnW248 wrote:People who have a VPN client were having issues with the latest FW for the PCie tuner. Tell Ceton, it's not a big deal to roll back the FW but they have to give you a link and then you have to update with the Web Gui and do a full shut down after the update and restart. That roll back has helped a couple of users.
To the best of my knowledge, we have received no reports (either via tickets, or here) of people having any additional issues with our newest beta FW and VPNs, and I'm not aware of any changes which could cause this. If anyone is experiencing issues on our beta release related to VPNs that are resolved by rolling back, please open a ticket.
I'm not sure if my issue was VPN related, but I do have a VPN connection set up. You can read all about the issue I was having here. I opened ticket FQR-459-38114, which is how I got back to HW 6289.

CaptainOverSpray

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 pm

There is no VPN on my system at all.