CableCARD Setup Step#5

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Jim_IT

HTPC Specs: Show details

CableCARD Setup Step#5

Post by Jim_IT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Can anyone tell me what #5 - Unable to provide Cable Company CableCARD paring information at this time means?

I know the card is good and I know the CC pairing is good, what else is there? Has my infiniTV4 gone bad?

Jim

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:42 pm

The pairing information section is supposed to show the data you would need to provide the cable company in order for them to pair the CableCARD to your InfiniTV (CableCARD ID, Host ID, etc.) It doesn't have anything to do with whether the CableCARD is actually paired (in fact, there's no way for the Ceton diag utility to know if the CableCARD is paired, since that is something that happens at the cable company end). The message you are seeing indicates the diagnostic utility doesn't have all of the information at this time.

Jim_IT

Post by Jim_IT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Richard,

That is the thing, I know the pairing is good in the billing system and successfully recieved by dncs. I also have a prime, so I swapped cards and pairing info to make sure that it wasn't the cc having issues. Both cc are reporting the same issue.

I guess I should have added, I am having issues tuning any channels regularly.

Coincidentally, I just had a new drop buried/bored which shortened my drop by 80'. My signal level is now reporting on A&E @ 6.1dBmV and SNL 35.2dB.

Jim

nelis249

Post by nelis249 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 am

I am just now having the exact same issue. I haven't had any tuning issues for awhile until now.

5/21 11:30p a show recorded fine (comedy central, 1292).
5/22 8p recording failed (disney), channels stopped working and the Centon tool is reporting the same error on #5 of "Unable to provide Cable Company CableCARD paring information at this time". Additionally #9 says "Tuning channel xxxx failed. Channel not found in channel list or signal too poor".

I looked at all the logs I know to look in but cannot find any information showing an error (other than the Ceton tool of course). Additionally if I go into MCE Digital Diagnostics (Setup->TV->TV Signal->Digital Tuner Diagnostics), select a tuner, then Digital Tuner Diagnostics, and then CableCARD, my screen says for Card ID: Unavailable. I haven't looked at this screen in few years so I'm not sure if it is even valid anymore. Anyone else showing their cable card ID in there?

Some channels work though. For example I can get CNN HD (1215), TNT HD (1237), USA HD (1238), History HD (1242). Yet other channels that worked as of 5/21 are now failing, Comedy Central HD (1292), H2 HD (1243), Disney (1106), and more.

Another symptom I cannot confirm. I bring up the Tuning Adapter Web page (go to the Ceton device web page, then tuning adapters tab at the top), the TR Status item says "Waiting for Tuning Adapter to be ready". Anyone else have information on what that usually says when nothing is being tuned? I was thinking maybe the SDV channels are out but I don't know which ones are for sure SDV. I had thought History HD was SDV but maybe not.

I'm going to call my cable company to get a tech out. Either the cable card just died or the Ceton did.

-N