Ceton PCI Card Hijacking DHCP

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
CBO

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton PCI Card Hijacking DHCP

Post by CBO » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 pm

I have a weird issue here. I have been trying to get my Ceton Card into bridge mode so I can share with some extenders on the network. I have been having a hard time in doing so. Open a ticket with ceton and the are RMA'ing me a new card as it failed to perform firmware update nor will it take a static ip. But when i go to turn on my xbox it will not connect to the network. I check the cables everything seems fine. I disconnect from the wallplate and connect my work laptop via the hardwire the xbox was using run a ipconfig. To my surprise I am getting an ip ending in 200.5 when I'm 1.1. I fire up wireshark and i see that my ceton is responding to DHCP requests!!! WTF!!! Anyone else seen this. Is it normal for the ceton to hand out ip' . Is it something that should get squashed with my new RMA card or will I run into this again?

CBO

Post by CBO » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm

It seems that it is supposed to issue IP's. So that is expected behavior.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Are you using the Network Tuners wizard to bridge your InfiniTV? It sounds like you have bridged the InfiniTV's network interface, but not re-configured the IP settings (the wizard does this for you)
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

CBO

Post by CBO » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm

thanks for the reply. Tried the wizard and manually. It seems that the card I had was defective. It would not take any settings in addition it would not update firmware. I am awaiting a RMA