Using TV Card and InfiniTV4 together

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
EverydayDiesel

HTPC Specs: Show details

Using TV Card and InfiniTV4 together

Post by EverydayDiesel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I have a HauppaugeTV-HVR-2250 and a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe.
My question is, will i be able to setup both of these in windows media center? Does it put it all on one tv guide or are they seperate?

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Yup. You can use both cards at the same time in WMC.

The HVR-2250 shows up as 2 tuners (QAM,NTSC,ATSC depending on the feed)

The Ceton shows up as 4 Cablecard tuners if a card is inserted or 4 QAM tuners without a cablecard (latest beta driver needed if not using a cablecard)

The 2250s FM tuner is also detected by WMC if there is an antenna connected to it. If connected to cable it will detect NTSC and QAM signals. If connected to OTA it will detect ATSC and NTSC signals... [though NTSC should all be but phased out for OTA].. example If connected to cable and the cable co has NTSC and QAM signals it will seem like there are 4 tuners, but only 2 can be used at once from the 2250...

On the 2250 one of the inputs is tv the other is FM...

They are all in one guide... but you may have to "merge" channels or "disable sources" for some channels depending on how things are in your area.
Time is on my side.

avmike

Post by avmike » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I have this same setup. Merge the channels, and specify the 2250 as the preferred tuner for the ClearQAM channels (assume NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc...). This will free up the cablecard tuners for the channels that require it. It really works very seamlessly.