New Beta Drivers Win7 & Win8

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnW248

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Beta Drivers Win7 & Win8

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Has anyone installed the new Beta Drivers yet? I installed the Win7 on one machine with an internal PCIe4 card and noticed that there is a new Tuning Adapter driver along with a new diagnostic version.

http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/b ... er-update/
windows 8
Changelog: •13.3.29.753: Include beta USB driver for Windows 8 Pro
•13.3.20.313: Fix for over 4 tuners in Media Center. This release only support 64-bit Windows.

windows 7
Changelog: •13.3.22.1342: USB stability improvements. Deprecated diagnostic Media Center add-in.

MinistryOfMagic

Post by MinistryOfMagic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 am

I'm running Windows 8 and installed 13.3.20.313, so I can access more than 4 tuners in Media Center (dual Infinitv PCIe). There's no way, I'm installing a beta when they put the following disclaimer.

"Beta drivers are provided by Ceton as a preview release. Beta drivers are under qualification testing and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect their system and data when using any Beta driver. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Beta drivers posted here do not carry any warranties or support services."

haydongreenbutton

Post by haydongreenbutton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 am

MinistryOfMagic wrote:I'm running Windows 8 and installed 13.3.20.313, so I can access more than 4 tuners in Media Center (dual Infinitv PCIe). There's no way, I'm installing a beta when they put the following disclaimer.

... all standard stuff ...
First time you've read the fine print somewhere? :)

This is the norm for just about any IT product beta or not. Ceton betas are pretty much their recommended releases regardless of whether they're marked 'beta'. And they do support them. If the change log doesn't address a problem you're facing then don't upgrade!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 am

I installed the beta drivers on a Win 7 machine. I noticed quite a bit of a tuning speed increase on these drivers opposed to the previous drivers. I don't use tuning adapters so I can't offer any information in that regard. Kind of miss the ability to check tuner information from within MC though.
newfiend~

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:59 pm

We aren't aware of any regressions in the drivers (beyond the info listed in the changelog) but just be aware they haven't been through full testing. Most of us are running those drivers at home and at work.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 am

newfiend wrote:I installed the beta drivers on a Win 7 machine. I noticed quite a bit of a tuning speed increase on these drivers opposed to the previous drivers. I don't use tuning adapters so I can't offer any information in that regard.
Agreed. Definitely tunes faster with these drivers.

lucidrenegade

Post by lucidrenegade » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 pm

So do I need to set up TV in media center every time I install new drivers / firmware? It's a pain in the arse to reconfigure everything.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 am

No you do not have to run tv set-up for new drivers. On rare occasions you might have to do it after a FW (but not HW) update. I remember once when there was a name change which required us to run tv set-up.

But with these beta drivers you do not need to run tv set-up again and it leaves the pairing in place for the cableCARD and Ceton device. You will have to restart the machine after the install (or at least I did with this driver set)

Teddyboy16

Post by Teddyboy16 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

I updated to the new driver and firmware/hardware beta and it's been a complete regression for me. Macroblocking like crazy on certain HD channels. Slow channel changing to the point that's it's not able record multiple shows. This was almost non existent prior to the upgrade. This has been a complete regression for me.