Display multiple tuners on same display with Ceton Tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
thatdood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Display multiple tuners on same display with Ceton Tuner

Post by thatdood » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:28 am

I am trying to find a way to display multiple games on my 106 inch project in my media room. I was thinking about purchasing 2 USB Ceton Cable Card Tuners for a total of 8 tuners. Ideally I would like to connect the computer which has the tuners installed to my projector. Is it possible to then show multiple tuners at the same time on my projector with multiple cable channels (kind of like quad picture and picture)?

I'm pretty sure the PC will have the horsepower to support this but I'm not sure if the Ceton cards allow for this type of setup.

PC Hardware:
AMD 8 Core CPU @ 3.6Ghz
32GB RAM
2 x 512GB Samsung 830 SSD drives
ATI 5770 Video Card w/ HDMI out
4 x Intel Gigabit NICs

Thanks in advance!

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:06 pm

The short answer is no - WMC doesn't provide any mechanism for watching more than one video at a time.

The slightly longer answer is that you can play .WTV recordings outside of WMC - Windows Media Player can play .WTV files, and So can VLC, if they aren't copy protected. You can get 4 WMP or VLC windows going at once each playing a different recording.

If you want to display 4 different channels of live TV, you'd have to use the Linux drivers and 4 VLC windows - again, this is only an option if your CableCo doesn't apply copy protection to the channels that you're interested in.

Djnhtpcuser

Post by Djnhtpcuser » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Another thing to note about this which I believe is connected to this same topic. I use ATI 3 screen mode and WMC can only be dragged to 2 of the 3 monitors in minimize mode with out triping the anticopy AI "display error". I'm new to using WMC and hope this forum can nurse me through all the troubles I discover. I too had wondered If there was a way to access other tuner content but now i know too .

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:12 am

This may seem like over kill but I have also seen xbox 360's or other extenders stacked together outputting to multiple displays. if the projector has pic in pic or something like quad split screen that is fed from multiple inputs (I don't even know if this exists on projectors.) it would get around the copy protection. I have seen a way to control extenders via ip rather than ir which in this case would be needed. Just throwing another idea out there;)