Wanting to build dual InfiniTV4 PC for Whole Home setup

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
haydongreenbutton

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by haydongreenbutton » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:45 pm

JohnW248 wrote:If you intend to use HBO/Cinemax and in some cases Showtime, AMD is not a choice. Nvidia handles what we call the 29/59 error that appears on most all cable systems that sell HBO services. It doesn't have to be an expensive Nvidia card, I use 430s and it won't impact your extenders.
No problems with an AMD A10-5700. Plenty of power and low heat. If you ever desire to run RAID-5 AMD's RAID software is far superior to Intel's as well.

Maybe there are discrete GPU and driver combinations that don't support this properly but their latest stuff certainly handles it without issue. I bailed from NVidia "driver roulette" where, with each release of the driver, you didn't know whether or not it'd work right. (And more likely than not, it failed.)

Telo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Telo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

haydongreenbutton wrote:
No problems with an AMD A10-5700. Plenty of power and low heat. If you ever desire to run RAID-5 AMD's RAID software is far superior to Intel's as well.

Maybe there are discrete GPU and driver combinations that don't support this properly but their latest stuff certainly handles it without issue. I bailed from NVidia "driver roulette" where, with each release of the driver, you didn't know whether or not it'd work right. (And more likely than not, it failed.)
Thanks for the info. This is very interesting since I was considering the A10-5800K route due to the specials going on at MicroCenter; where I can get the CPU for $120, and then they knock off $40 from the motherboard.