Scheduled Recordings "Unable to gather information..."

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
ChileanLlama

HTPC Specs: Show details

Scheduled Recordings "Unable to gather information..."

Post by ChileanLlama » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi,

Everything is working fine except for the Scheduled Recordings which is not populating with information from the WMC.

I receive the error "Unable to gather information, please refresh or re-select PC". I've tried both and still receive the same error.

What is strange that on the homepage of My Media Center the next 4 scheduled recordings are all showing correctly. Similarly the "Series Management" is populated correctly, so it's getting the correct information just not in "Scheduled" itself.

As background I'm running DVBLink 4.5.1 on a separate Windows 8 Pro machine (without My Media Center) and I've also changed the default recorder in DVBLink to WMC with no success. Clients are Windows 8 Pro or SurfaceRT.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

ChileanLlama

Post by ChileanLlama » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 am

Any ideas?

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hmmm interesting. not exactly sure what is going on there. If you have remote access setup for MMC i can try to debug it remotely.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ChileanLlama

Post by ChileanLlama » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks Motz, I don't have remote access set up for it at the moment, wanted to make sure it was all working ok internally first but can look at that this weekend.

In the meantime I've just installed the WP8 client and it's working fine on that.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm

What happens to be your total scheduled recording count?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ChileanLlama

Post by ChileanLlama » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Motz, thanks again :)

It was 47 last night but as I have a lot of series links (59) which create a lot of duplicate recordings (HD, SD, +1 channels and repeats), the most it has probably been is around 200 since installing MMC. I tend to cull the duplicates daily, so the average is usually between 50-100.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Can you try 1 thing for me.
Go into the settings on windows 8 app. Go to General and turn on "No Image Mode" and Also on the very bottom set items to get to 25.

Let me know. If not we can remote debug it if you setup remote access and i will be able to see what is going on.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm getting the same, should be around tomorrow if you need remote access to the win8 box, if you haven't already fixed it.

Edit: Ignore that, all seems to be working now :)

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Sun May 05, 2013 11:09 am

Now it's stopped working again, very odd!

ChileanLlama

Post by ChileanLlama » Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry I never got back. I did try the cache size and that didn't change anything.

I've not really had much time to try other things as I've been extremely busy. But I did use the Win 8 App earlier today and it was working, other than auto Windows updates I've not changed anything. I'm not aware of any updates to the client or app software recently.

So, many thanks for your help, and apologies for not feeding back sooner, but all seems ok now - just no idea how/why it resolved itself.

Edit: Actually there was one problem a few weeks ago with the MCE database, MCE crashed and re-created a new database. Maybe it had been corrupt all along and the new db fixed things.

Protoss20

Post by Protoss20 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:45 am

Motz,
I'm experiencing this issue as well on My Media Center PC and other Windows 8 workstations. I performed the troubleshooting steps you suggested above; however, I still receive the same error message of "Unable to Gather Information." Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or can help troubleshoot further.

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 am

There seems to be a hard 200 title limit.

Always stops at 200 movies and then get the error

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:34 am

Same problem here, works fine on windows phone, but not on windows 8 app.