Recorded TV cover art missing

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dwhyatt

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV cover art missing

Post by dwhyatt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 am

I've just installed My Media Center and Windows 8 companion app. All A-OK except no Recorded TV cover art shows on any tile or any other screen. All Movie cover art is fine.

In Australia, the files in the "Recorded TV" folder get names in the format "<ProgramName>_<Channel>_<Date>_<Time>.wtv", for example "American Idol_TEN Digital_2013_02_28_19_29_45.wtv". Are there any troubleshooting suggestions?

Darryl

dwhyatt

Post by dwhyatt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Also, all the "Season" and "Episode" values are zero in the remote app. Australia's OTA free TV service is DVB-T, and it's called "Freeview" if that's any help.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 pm

These images are pulled from the guide. Where does your guide information come from?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

dwhyatt

Post by dwhyatt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 am

In Australia, our guide is over-the-air EPG as part of the DVB-T service direct from broadcasters. I don't think we get any TV show art - I've never seen it.

Darryl

dwhyatt

Post by dwhyatt » Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 am

I am now downloading cover art for Recorded TV, but still absolutely no cover art. Is there any diagnostic that I can run to find out why this isn't working?

.Nico

Post by .Nico » Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Have you installed an application on your media center that opens image-files? Maybe the file association is messed up?
You have to put it back in the registry, in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for .jpg etc...
When you google for it, there is a script around that puts the file extensions back to original.

just my 2 cents...

.Nico

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm

It's the same issue I mentionned in my other thread.

Basically, to display the things the OP wants, he needs the following:

- For images, they should be (inside his database) linked to an online webserver where the images are present eg: http://dummywebsite.com/show1.jpg . Local files (as those created by 3rd party EPG don't work for now)
- As for the Season/episode, there is a field in the MXF (the file format WMC uses to import data inside the database) which states Season Number and Episode Number. Those are (mostly) never used, unless using a 3rd party EPG.