No Tuners Available to Record

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
redhaven

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Tuners Available to Record

Post by redhaven » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 am

Sorry if this question has been answered. I have been digging and searching around the forums but that usually means the answer is somewhere that is otherwise easy to find.

Anyway, I installed the Inifinitv last weekend and after a couple of bad cable cards, some neurotic Comcast reps, and a big fight with my wife, it is working correctly.

I am running Windows 8 MCE with the beta drivers. It is working well except that whenever something records I get a message that says there is no tuner to record the show. If I click Cancel, the show records normally. It isn't a big deal but I was just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I could use to fix it. I had read on these forums that the device does not turn on the tuners until they are needed so i was thinking it might just not recognize that the card has started the tuner it needs.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 am

Make sure you are on the beta firmware. Also try removing any firewall software you have installed.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 am

Yup that's a common problem with me. Some weeks it happens often, some weeks it doesn't happen at all. I've sent dozens of diagnostics capture to Ceton and nobody can figure out the bug. (some Microsoft thing) I'm living with it for now. I might switch to the HDHome Run Prime when the new H.264 hardware encoder version comes out later this summer. I you read their forums people have the SAME problem though. (so it probably won't make sense to switch just for that)

epayson85

Post by epayson85 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Windows 8 could also be the issue. I can say on windows 7 once I switched to the beta drivers and firmware that this has not happened to me in over 6 months. It used to happen just about every other week and would require the computer to reboot. I also have prime and the same goes for that. I am on the beta drivers and firmware and have had 0 issues since switching over.

PhaRxMer

Post by PhaRxMer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

I wonder if the original poster is still around as I might have a solution. I bet if you look into your DVR/Recording settings for the shows (and the default DVR/Recording settings) inside Media Center you are telling it to record 2 minutes before your actually air time. While this is all fine and dandy, a conflict present itself in your Ceton settings as you are telling your Ceton to wake the computer from sleep mode 2 minutes before a scheduled recording. This, of course, means your computer comes out of sleep at the same exact time your recording is to start. This causes your tuners to not be available on it's first try as the tuners are for lack of a better word "warming up" still. You can't change (or as far as I know) the Ceton wake up from sleep time so that is stuck at 2 minutes. Instead try changing your recording start time to 1 minute before air time. This way you are giving your tuners 1 minute to wake up from sleep. It's what I do and I have yet to have a failed recording.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 pm

PhaRxMer wrote: you are telling it to record 2 minutes before your actually air time .... you are telling your Ceton to wake the computer from sleep mode 2 minutes before a scheduled recording. This, of course, means your computer comes out of sleep at the same exact time your recording is to start.
Nope. 2 minutes before a scheduled recording is 2 minutes before the recording is scheduled to start, not 2 minutes before the scheduled air-time. The PC will wake up 4 (2 + 2) minutes before scheduled air-time.