MyMC does not respect Recording Settings

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
uspino

HTPC Specs: Show details

MyMC does not respect Recording Settings

Post by uspino » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 am

My Media Center is a great pice of software, but I recently realized that some of my recording were deleted by MC to keep a healthy size quota of recording space. That's how I discovered that Ceton's MMC does not respect Default Recording Settings when you schedule a recording from the iPad/iPhone. In Windows Media CenterI have those settings to "Keep until I delete" and "10 minutes after when possible", but My Media Center schedules every recording with "Keep until space needed" and 5 minutes after". You can change the time before and after if you go to each recording on the iPad, but that is cumversome, and there is no option to select "Keep until I delete".

Is there any way My Media Center can read the default recording settings or at least allow us to input our own default settings when a recording is scheduled from the iPad?

Thanks!

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 am

Please upgrade to the latest version of the MMC service, this bug was fixed in the latest version.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Motz,

does this extend to record from 1 channel, at 1 time etc, that series defaults are set to?

I find that this isn't happening on the windows phone latest version (1.3.2.1)

Thanks
Tony

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm

These settings are managed by the server, not the client, so it doesn't matter which client you're running.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 am

^^Correct^^
Just make sure you have the latest services: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=2655
I Write, Code, and Tweet

uspino

Post by uspino » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 am

FIXED! Sorry about that.

Please don't forget about my other feature request a few months back: ability to choose server time on the application guide grid, instead of the local time. When I travel and set up recordings from the iPad, the guide schedule is shifted to whatever is the time difference, so it forces you to "do the math" to find a show.

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Is there any setup necessary for this? I'm still finding that if I choose a program to record either from my Nexus 7 or my windows phone, that its recording all episodes on all channels that are related.

Thanks

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Same here....UK based also same as Tony if that makes a difference to anything, I'm on iPhone and iPad.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 am

Ensure that you have the latest verson of the services: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=2655

It will use your default settings (with one exception which is it will always do "any channel" not specific channel).

I always do New Only and HD Preferred.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 am

Is there a way we can have a specific channel enabled as a setting option? Not all TV in the UK is available in HD and there are a truck load of repeat channels and +1 channels so setting a series from the app is no good as I usually get about 3 episodes of the same show recorded if I do.

Currently I use the app to set a one off recording and then have to remember to change it to a series when I get back home.

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I find myself usually having to modify recordings from wmc after setting with the app too. A channel number option would be nice.

bcgreenbtv

Post by bcgreenbtv » Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 am

Motz wrote: It will use your default settings (with one exception which is it will always do "any channel" not specific channel).
Any update on when this will be fixed so that it will record on the specific channel instead of "any channel"?

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 am

mini__me wrote:Is there a way we can have a specific channel enabled as a setting option? Not all TV in the UK is available in HD and there are a truck load of repeat channels and +1 channels so setting a series from the app is no good as I usually get about 3 episodes of the same show recorded if I do.

Currently I use the app to set a one off recording and then have to remember to change it to a series when I get back home.
I usually do the opposite, set as a series, then remove the duplicated recordings from the scheduled list in MyMC, and then change the series from within MC to just record the single channel. It would be great not to have to do all this.

bcgreenbtv

Post by bcgreenbtv » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 am

bcgreenbtv wrote:
Motz wrote: It will use your default settings (with one exception which is it will always do "any channel" not specific channel).
Any update on when this will be fixed so that it will record on the specific channel instead of "any channel"?
Bump

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:19 pm

bcgreenbtv wrote:
bcgreenbtv wrote:
Bump

No plans currently to change the functionality. It is on our feature request list, but I have no eta.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

bcgreenbtv

Post by bcgreenbtv » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:37 am

Motz wrote: No plans currently to change the functionality. It is on our feature request list, but I have no eta.
Thanks for the response.