Internet viewing of live TV?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Klownicle

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Klownicle » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Its obviously not a easy solution but, you can connect to your ceton device remotely if you setup a Layer 2 VPN Bridge into your home network. With verizon fios, I need at least mbits for SD and 25mbits for HD upload. This is how I watch my tv remotely using the built in wmc interface with any windows PC. Its no "phone streamer" but it gets the job down for remote streaming. All you need is a basic 5mbits upload on the host, and the client for download and you have 100% live SD content at bare min. :)

There are plenty of free VPN solutions for consumers, OpenVPN is one of them, tho in bridged mode Windows Server I believe would be the only os allowing IP Forwarding. Bridged mode on Linux (ie; ubuntu, debiab), work flawlessly for me.

Just saying to all the tinkers out there, hope is not lost if you want to put forth the effort for setup.

The Mac

Post by The Mac » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 pm

aeblank

Post by aeblank » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:50 am

Hamachi doesn't exist for android. Otherwise I'd have it. Plenty if people asking though, it seems.