Hauppauge 2250, Time Warner all digitial now

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
xelrash

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge 2250, Time Warner all digitial now

Post by xelrash » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm

I searched but can not find a resolution to a new issue I have. Time Warner just stopped broadcasting Analog channels and went all digitial in my area.
I have spent a few days trying to get my 2250 back in working order with no luck. When just scan for channels with the digital tuners I get no channels at all. When I try with the Analog tuners I get the local channels but the reception on must is horrible! Should i just trash the card and get a cable card or is this something that can be fixed. It seems to be if they are now broadcasting ALL channels in digital I should be able to tune them. I am missing something here.

:cry:

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm

xelrash wrote:I searched but can not find a resolution to a new issue I have. Time Warner just stopped broadcasting Analog channels and went all digitial in my area.
I have spent a few days trying to get my 2250 back in working order with no luck. When just scan for channels with the digital tuners I get no channels at all. When I try with the Analog tuners I get the local channels but the reception on must is horrible! Should i just trash the card and get a cable card or is this something that can be fixed. It seems to be if they are now broadcasting ALL channels in digital I should be able to tune them. I am missing something here.

:cry:
Same tuner, same issue. You're gonna have to scan and find all your channels via the Hauppage WinTV program. It will show you the actual (not virtual) number of your channels; and then you'll have to manually enter them into Media Center via the 'add missing channels' option. It's a pain, that's for sure. Make a list in notepad of the channels in case you ever need to do it again.

soccerdad

Post by soccerdad » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 pm

You can also get the channel information from the SiliconDust website. That way you don't hav to mess with the Hauppauge program. Make sure you set the modulation type to 256 from 64 when inputting your channels. That is not intuitive. (at least that is what I have to do with TWC) WMC has never set up my QAM channels automatically.

Good luck!

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm

soccerdad wrote:You can also get the channel information from the SiliconDust website. That way you don't hav to mess with the Hauppauge program. Make sure you set the modulation type to 256 from 64 when inputting your channels. That is not intuitive. (at least that is what I have to do with TWC) WMC has never set up my QAM channels automatically.

Good luck!
True, but I discovered some channels they don't list via the Hauppage app. It will cover most/the main ones though.
Last edited by staknhalo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xelrash

Post by xelrash » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh wow, thanks!

It's been working fine for digital and analog for years :(

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 pm

xelrash wrote:Oh wow, thanks!

It's been working fine for digital and analog for years :(
On my provider it never picked up any QAM channels - I've always had to manually enter them. Another plus of going the Hauppage WinTV route is you can configure it to stream TV to you Android/iOS devices, even when not at home. Your Android device needs Flash for it to work though, FYI. I do this currently on Android until the feature gets incorporated into the My MediaCenter app.