"Play To" DLNA renderer?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
cncb

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Play To" DLNA renderer?

Post by cncb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Any chance of having a "Play To" type of functionality? That is, select a TV recording and have it play on my Blu-ray player (DLNA renderer)? I think this is supposed to work for the Echo but it would be great if it could work for a generic DLNA device.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Play-To is a Windows 7 feature. If you have a non-copy-protected media file that is compatible with your DLNA renderer (your TV, Bluray player, or whatever), it can be played on that device using "Play To". This has nothing to do with Media Center, and only copy-freely files can be played, and only in formats that are supported by the target device. Each device (TV, Bluray player, etc) has its own limitations on what audio/video/picture formats are supported.

cncb

Post by cncb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am

I am aware of what the Windows "Play To" is and its limitations. There is no control of the (unnecessary) transcoding not to mention I have to go to my computer to play something in WMP. I was hoping Ceton could do this right with their own version of Play To (with control of transcoding and quality) since they already have the nice phone-based UI to play recordings and movies.