CableCARD activation problem?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Brian_A

HTPC Specs: Show details

CableCARD activation problem?

Post by Brian_A » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm not sure whether this is a problem or not. I can receive all of my subscribed and encrypted cable channels OK. The CableCARD tab of the Ceton InfiniTV Diagnostic Tool shows that steps #1 through #4 have completed successfully; however, all steps beginning with #5 (Call Cable Company) indicate waiting (searching?). Also, any attempt to check a channels authorization does not perform any action. Should I reactivate my cable card, submit a trouble ticket with Ceton or let sleeping dogs lie?

My configuration is: InfiniTV4, WMC7, Time Warner Cable

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Brian

Tester

Post by Tester » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm

I went through the same issue but I wish I had a clear exact response for you. Getting my cable card working was a 2 month ordeal for me and in the end it was my crappy comcrap provider that was sending the wrong signals to my card ( although I was never given details ).
My suggestions are: Reset everything, go through MCE setup, submit a ceton ticket, call your cable provider.
Good luck

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Brian_A wrote:I can receive all of my subscribed and encrypted cable channels OK.
RULE #1: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know those lampshade collars that they put on dogs who have had an operation? They make them for HTPC owners too!

Brian_A

Post by Brian_A » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 pm

foxwood wrote:
Brian_A wrote:I can receive all of my subscribed and encrypted cable channels OK.

You know those lampshade collars that they put on dogs who have had an operation? They make them for HTPC owners too!
But it itches soooo much! :cry:

Seriously, I'm inclined to agree with you on this. I'll leave it be. My system has been largely for the past few years. I only noticed the issue because a program recorded using the HVR-2250 instead of the InfiniTV4 as I specified. I used the diagnostic tool to see if there was a tuner or TA problem. In order to increase WAF I split duplicate channel sources for OTA and cable reception of local programming and specify the source to allow for recording of consecutively scheduled programs on the same channel with 3 minutes extended to either end.
Regards,
Brian

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 pm

foxwood wrote:

If the CableCARD is activated but not paired, you will still get Copy Freely (CCI 0x00) channels, but not Copy Once (CCI 0x02) channels.

If your provider has been unable to get it activated, feel free to open a support ticket and we will help get it sorted out.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Brian_A

Post by Brian_A » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 am

erkoltz,

Thanks for rthe feedback. The change in the CableCard status is new to me. It was previously paired (all green checkmarks and I could check specific channels). I will let it go for now. I have no issues with reception or recording and I believe that all of my cable programming is Copy Once. If things go pearshaped then I can always call for re-pairing.
Regards,
Brian