Echo Setting Plug-in Crashes

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
luhando

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Setting Plug-in Crashes

Post by luhando » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 am

I submitted a ticket last night and I haven't heard about it. I'm anxious to get this fixed so I'm posting to see if anyone here has a solution.
Basically I left my echo on without having performed the WMC setup to make it an extender because I had to reinstall Windows to get back to WIndows 7. When I went bac k to the TV, the field that had the setup code was blank. I didn't realize the echo had an off button, so I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in, it kept coming upas just a black screen.

After some googling I found someone who said that typing "recovery" into my remote might fix it. I tried that, and it seems to have done the trick. The problem is I'm on what I think is an old firmware version. The version says "Unknown" and my Ceton Echo Settings extra crashes every time. I actually can't get to my Echo via the web interface either.

Any help is appreciated.

RSG-628-46898
Last edited by luhando on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 am

luhando wrote:I submitted a ticket last night and I haven't heard about it. I'm anxious to get this fixed so I'm posting to see if anyone here has a solution.
Basically I left my echo on without having performed the WMC setup to make it an extender because I had to reinstall Windows to get back to WIndows 7. When I went bac k to the TV, the field that had the setup code was blank. I didn't realize the echo had an off button, so I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in, it kept coming upas just a black screen.

After some googling I found someone who said that typing "recovery" into my remote might fix it. I tried that, and it seems to have done the trick. The problem is I'm on what I think is an old firmware version. The version says "Unknown" and my Ceton Echo Settings extra crashes every time. I actually can't get to my Echo via the web interface either.

Any help is appreciated.
Post your ticket number here, Ceton likely has to "enable" your download from their office. Someone will be getting back to you soon.

luhando

Post by luhando » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

RSG-628-46898

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

For the plugin try uninstalling, turning off echo, reinstall, turn back on echo.

However have you tried just pulling up the IP address of the echo in a web browser. You can perform updates and also change all settings from there.
I Write, Code, and Tweet