Echo CPU Usage

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
SilverRubicon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo CPU Usage

Post by SilverRubicon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 pm

I have two extenders, a Ceton Echo (obviously) and a HP x280n. I've noticed that if the Echo is connected to my media center and doing nothing (not streaming, not tv, nothing) that the CPU usage on the PC is in the 10% range. The HP on the other hand is consuming roughly 2% of the CPU under similar circumstances. Has anyone experienced this at all? It's odd as I can't understand why the Echo would be keeping the PC busier. I know it's the extender as it's a mediacenter process running under the extender user id. The libraries are built, only a single extender is connected at a time (I'll unplug one and plug in the other), same switch, same port, each extender sitting idle for over 8 hours, ... Yet, the Echo is obviously doing something that the HP is not.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

My guess... and its only a guess... is that the echo is communicating with the WMC plugin or if the plugin is not installed, trying to... The HPs do not have an additional component installed on the HTPC as the Echos do/should...
Time is on my side.

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Hmmm, good thought. I do have the plugin installed, maybe I'll uninstall and see if the situation changes.