[Resolved] New Echo - Multiple Reboots

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
docluv01

HTPC Specs: Show details

[Resolved] New Echo - Multiple Reboots

Post by docluv01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Ok Guys, I bought a new Echo last night.

I have read thru the forum before posting this, but symptoms seem different then everyone else, so i figured I'd post.

I plugged it in...it rebooted like 3 or 4 times, i was patient and just left it. finally came up with the 8 digit code, i put it on my wmc pc. The pc linked it.

On the echo, I got to the wmc menu...tried navigating around, then it froze, for a few min.

after about 15 min, I decided to unplug, and replug , and all it did was reboot itself over and over and over.

I tried shutting it all down, doing the "recovery" via the remote. Ceton screen came up with "recovery..." I let it sit like that for about 2 hours last night....saw it was stuck, so I tried it again, let it sit all night. This morning, still said "recovery..." Not sure what else to do...

I'm at work right now, but any suggestions?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

You need to ensure your echo is connected to the internet in addition to your home network and open a ticket with ceton to have your echo's MAC ID in the recovery server so it can recover otherwise the new f/w will not be downloaded to your echo over the internet.

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Oh is that why its getting stuck? I will do that, thanks!

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Hmm, Ok, I don't have the unit with me....

Do I RDP's into my home pc, and tried running a network map software to get the MAC address of the echo. (Still plugged in). It doesn't seem to be on the network.

Is this a sign that this is beyond a recovery problem?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

docluv01 wrote:Hmm, Ok, I don't have the unit with me....

Do I RDP's into my home pc, and tried running a network map software to get the MAC address of the echo. (Still plugged in). It doesn't seem to be on the network.

Is this a sign that this is beyond a recovery problem?
Do you have it in the DMZ of your router? You may need to get the MAC off the actual device or verify that it is in fact connected to your network by looking at your router configuration page by typing in the IP address of your router at home.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Hey there, first I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Uf you could we can try a simple manual recovery on the echo. I will need the MAC address that comes up on the echo when you turn it on. After you send this to me all we need to do is have you run the recovery.

Once I have enabled recovery on your unit with the MAC address you give me simply:
1.) Download http://cetoncorp.com/downloads/ctnechorecovery.exe to a Windows computer
2.) Plug echo into the computer via USB. (use the supplied USB power cable and just plug it into your PC USB 2.0 preferred)
Please note: Make sure echo is hooked up to the network, as internet access is required for recovery.
Please note: Some status info is displayed during recovery via HDMI, so plug that in too.
3.) Turn off echo with remote
4.) Run ctnechorecovery.exe
5.) Point the Echo remote at the Echo while it is turned off, and enter this number sequence: 2065489548 (If sequence was enter correctly the Echo will power on with three (3) solid red lights)
Please note: You can hit zero (0) at least 5+ times to clear out any failed attempts. Be steady, with no pauses when entering the code.
6.) Please be patience as the tool attempts to recover your device. (At least five (5+) minutes per screen)
Please note: If you are stuck on the screen "Connecting to Ceton...". Please leave the unit alone, and update me letting me know, and we will re-approve your download. It should move into the recovery process shortly after.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks Motz

I just sent you a pm with it
Motz wrote:Hey there, first I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Uf you could we can try a simple manual recovery on the echo. I will need the MAC address that comes up on the echo when you turn it on. After you send this to me all we need to do is have you run the recovery.

Once I have enabled recovery on your unit with the MAC address you give me simply:
1.) Download http://cetoncorp.com/downloads/ctnechorecovery.exe to a Windows computer
2.) Plug echo into the computer via USB. (use the supplied USB power cable and just plug it into your PC USB 2.0 preferred)
Please note: Make sure echo is hooked up to the network, as internet access is required for recovery.
Please note: Some status info is displayed during recovery via HDMI, so plug that in too.
3.) Turn off echo with remote
4.) Run ctnechorecovery.exe
5.) Point the Echo remote at the Echo while it is turned off, and enter this number sequence: 2065489548 (If sequence was enter correctly the Echo will power on with three (3) solid red lights)
Please note: You can hit zero (0) at least 5+ times to clear out any failed attempts. Be steady, with no pauses when entering the code.
6.) Please be patience as the tool attempts to recover your device. (At least five (5+) minutes per screen)
Please note: If you are stuck on the screen "Connecting to Ceton...". Please leave the unit alone, and update me letting me know, and we will re-approve your download. It should move into the recovery process shortly after.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 pm

I have enabled your echo for recovery, you can go ahead and follow the steps and it should work
I Write, Code, and Tweet

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Ok, I had to use the tool to get the MAC .

I left it open as I pm'd you the mac....i went back to it, now it says recovery image loaded, check HDMI Output for recovery status...does that mean its working? Or do i need to restart the app?

The HDMI TV is black.....

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Let it be. It might take up to an hour.

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks to Motz for gettign me fixed!!!

up and running

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 am

No problem, glad it is all working out now.
I Write, Code, and Tweet