Hauppauge Colossus & 2250 IR Blasting Issue

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Ape

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge Colossus & 2250 IR Blasting Issue

Post by Ape » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Hey guys,

I've been running a combination of the Colossus (Directv) and a 2250 (OTA) since the former released. I do not use any third party applications, just the Hauppauge software to run in Win 7 MC.

Here's the issue. If I install the Colossus per instructions I can get everything to work correctly with that card alone. However, when i load in the drivers for the 2250 the Irblaster stops working. The BlastCfg utility goes to some sort of learning dialog and will not do anything.

The only way to get back to square one is to uninstall all of the colossus software and uninstall/delete the drivers for both cards, finally run the Hcwclear utility from Hauppauge.

Let me make this clear, this set up used to work just fine without any sort of third party software. Windows corrupted and I had to reinstall, but I haven't been able to figure out the trick to getting this to work yet.

Anyone have any ideas. I've exhausted a laundry list of ideas so far.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ape

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 am

Never mind, I figured out the issue. The problem turned out to be order of operations. The 2250 drivers needed to be installed first, then the Colossus, next the IRblast files installed and set up, then the MCE package. Putting that in my notes file for next time around.

This is what happens when a system is very reliably, you forget these things. lol

Ape

cadams8221218

Post by cadams8221218 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 am

so what ir blaster and ir emmiter r u using, the one that came with the colossus? i have been trying to use my exetrnal hp one but the third party app that i have to use to set it up freezes and i cant complete the setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway i have a colossus along with a comcast pace cable box and was using the colossus ir blaster but for some reason it wont work anymore, no blinking of the ir emmiter or anything, anyway i was just curious