Error when adding Movie drives to Libraries

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Rew452

HTPC Specs: Show details

Error when adding Movie drives to Libraries

Post by Rew452 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:52 pm

I just finished setting up my WHS2011 and dedicated HTPC. I have the latest My Media Center beta installed on the HTPC but when I try to add my Home server Movies drives I get this error "The program crashed. A stack trace can be found....."

Can you please help me figure out whats wrong, Please
Thanks
Rew

Error File

DateTime: Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:42 PM
Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Ceton.Helpers.NetworkHelper.MappedDrivePathToUncPath(String path)
at VeronaConfig.ViewModels.MoviesViewModel.Œ’‰
–œ‰(Object )
at Apex.MVVM.Command.DoExecute(Object param)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
DateTime: Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:30 PM
Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Ceton.Helpers.NetworkHelper.MappedDrivePathToUncPath(String path)
at VeronaConfig.ViewModels.MoviesViewModel.Œ’‰
–œ‰(Object )
at Apex.MVVM.Command.DoExecute(Object param)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 pm

You can not add a windows library. You will need to select the physical location of the folder such as C:/Collection/Movies

I have fixed this already in our next build by blocking this.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 pm

That was quick! Thanks.

That's just it I am trying to add network drives shared from the server, when I get this error.

Rew

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 am

can you take a snap shot of the folder you are trying to add on the "add folder dialog" that pops up.

Also try maybe just to map the drive. I know //server/movies like that work as I use that at home. So that is kind of weird.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 am

Motz,

I also tried to map the drive and to add that drive but end result the same.

I not sure how to add sreen shots on this board tried but could not do it. Can you please give me the best way to do this.

Thanks
Rew

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Rew452 wrote:I not sure how to add sreen shots on this board tried but could not do it. Can you please give me the best way to do this.
Here are a couple different ways to capture the screen shot. http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screensho ... ft-Windows Once you have it captured, give it a name and save it somewhere. My Pictures is the usual location. Reply to a post, then use the Upload attachment button.

To respond to your original post, does this apply to what you are trying to do? http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 776#p37776

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
Rew452 wrote:I not sure how to add sreen shots on this board tried but could not do it. Can you please give me the best way to do this.
Here are a couple different ways to capture the screen shot. http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screensho ... ft-Windows Once you have it captured, give it a name and save it somewhere. My Pictures is the usual location. Reply to a post, then use the Upload attachment button.

Thanks i did that but saved as jpg guess png is the way to go will try again when I get home from work.

To respond to your original post, does this apply to what you are trying to do? http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 776#p37776
No, not the same from what I can see.

I have the drive on the server as shared drive with r/w for everyone, media browser had no problem with using it.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Untitled1.jpg
Pic2
Untitled.jpg
Pic 1
Well it worked. Did the same this morning.

Rew

P.S. I resized this morning thinking that was the problem; now they are pretty small to read will recapture and post higher res ones this pm.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

use the Snip tool in Windows 7 to just capture the relevant part of the screen - no need to post the whole 1980x1050 screenshot.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:40 pm

So glad it is working now. This exception is caught properly in the future. It could be that for some reason it had a hard time resolving the UNC path for some reason.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Motz

I am still have problems getting my movies to show up on my ipad. At first I got errors about the drive as you can see from the first post but having mapped the 2 server drives as y: and z: no errors but I also don't show the movies either.

I have uninstalled the MMCA app (v870) from the computer and reinstalled but no difference.

I think it maybe YAMMM but am not sure. Can you give me the dirs involved so I can uninstall and make sure everything is clean for new clean installation of MMCA app.

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated, everything worked beautifully before I made a dedicated HTPC and WHS2011 server. and really want that again.

Thanks
Rew

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

For the remote drives did you specify the username and password in the config on the HTPc?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 pm

no, I just checked and the HTPC has read/write on both drives.

Rew

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 pm

I should correct that there is a user name of HTPC but no password.

When i remove and installed all my data was there which make me think there is a cache or some leftovers which are not being removed and have some bad data which is being use on the new install.

Rew

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

So the cache is located in C:/programdata/yammm/cache, you could delete this folder and restart the yammm service. Also look into the system event logs as if it can't acceess them I am pretty sure it logs an event.

So your movies are located on your Home Server right? You would need to enter your username/password of the home server into the my media center config under advanced->network
I Write, Code, and Tweet

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm

A Service doesn't run with the same permissions that you do, so when you, working in the foreground, enter a username and password to access files on a network drive, a service that's working in the background doesn't get to see that content. So if you want the app to see content that's stored on a network drive, you have to tell the Service what username and password to use to access that content.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

There is no C:/programdata/yammm/cache directery. And if I search C:\ for a Yammm any thing I get back the following
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

Rew

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm

foxwood wrote:A Service doesn't run with the same permissions that you do, so when you, working in the foreground, enter a username and password to access files on a network drive, a service that's working in the background doesn't get to see that content. So if you want the app to see content that's stored on a network drive, you have to tell the Service what username and password to use to access that content.

Thanks, did not know that. I added HTPC which is the username and nothing in password. Under the Advanced - Network settings

No change.

Rew

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Rew452 wrote:I added HTPC which is the username and nothing in password. Under the Advanced - Network settings
Are your network locations set up as y:\xyz or \\server\xyz in the Library? Remember that the service doesn't know about foreground drive mappings.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Movie Libraary drives are listed as

\\Home2013\m
\\Home2013\n

When I pick z: I get \\Home2013\m which is m: on server and for y: it is \\Home2013\n, n: is the drive on server