MKV File Playback

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
bigboyd75

HTPC Specs: Show details

MKV File Playback

Post by bigboyd75 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:01 am

I download your app today and was very impressed. Can't wait for the tv and music sections to come. When trying to play back a movie from my collection I get a error "Cannot Play Video" Unable to get access to file. Well I thought that maybe my nas was download or something. I confirmed it was online. Then I attempted to play the same video from the WMC pc and it started up and played just fine. I did find some MKV videos to start up and play just fine so the issue is intermittent. I also searched old posts and found that you could long hold and confirm the path to the file but this didn't work on my android phone. I also attempted to track down some logs and such to help find the root cause of the issue but that was to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up that great work.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 am

1 question is when you started playback of the file to your xbox and it said "cannot play video" and then you tried it on the main HTPC did you use the app in both cases to try to start playback.

There is no difference in the file type as far as wtv, mkv, avi, m2ts, we simply just tell WMC to start playback of the file.

You can check the file location we are trying to send by going into C:/ProgramData/Yammm/Cache

Find the name of the movie you are trying to playback and there will be an xml file in there with the name. Open it up in notepad and on the very bottom you should see the file path.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

bigboyd75

Post by bigboyd75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Nope I tried it only on my HTPC no xbox involved. I also tried it on 2 different pcs just to make sure and I had the issue on both. I will get the xml file tonight and check the path. Is there anything else to look for as to why I would get that issue??

bigboyd75

Post by bigboyd75 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I checked the xml files on several of the files that didn't work and the path points to the right directory and file. I even copied and pasted to a file explorer and it took me right there. Just wont play the video from the app to my HTPC.