Struggling WAF

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sleerts

HTPC Specs: Show details

Struggling WAF

Post by Sleerts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Ceton Staff Reference - #HUL-582- 72188

Currently working with Ceton right now to get my InfiniTV PCIe card up and working on my new HTPC. So far since I purchased it this month I've done two RMA's :(

I understand Ceton Tech is very busy so I'd thought I'd post here to maybe see if anyone else can assist.

Right now, I'm getting "Service unavailable" on every single channel within WMC. I had Norton installed previously and we thought that might be part of the problem, so I wiped Win 7 64 bit and re-installed from scratch and still have the same problem. I tried switching PCIE slots after uninstalling the drivers, removing tuners, etc - still same problem.

The other day Ceton told me to add this to my registry -
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Debug\ehRecvr.exe /v DbgLevel /t REG_DWORD /d 0xffffffff

Then stop and start ehrecvr

After doing this I got live TV, everything started working 100%. I was shocked that basically starting and stopping the media center receiver service fixed my problem but it made sense to me until I restarted the computer and "Service is unavailable" returned. I tried stopping and starting ehrecvr again and this time it did not correct the problem.

I've dropped my logs here on drop box:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66000081/CetonI ... _22-40.zip

I'd like to get it up and running, but the overall goal would be to setup extenders throughout the home which will leads me to my question...that I will ask as soon as I get this up and running :)

Although new to HTPC, I'm not new to computers, I've been working as an IT professional for almost 10 years, so you don't have to dumb it down. Willing to try anything as this point as the WAF is going fast :(
HTPC Noob....Learning tho

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Are you doing a Network Tuner set up, or just looking to use all 4 tuners on your HTPC? Can you tune the channel in the Diagnostic tool and get green checks ?

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Your first question leads into my question. My new HTPC is my main TV, I had another computer downstairs capable of running the tuner, I plan to purchase an XBOX 360 or build a small computer for our bedroom; all connected to a gigabit network. I'd like to watch TV and recorded TV on all three. However, my plan was to get it up and running first and then go from there....

In regards to you're second question - Yes, Diagnostic tool gives all green checks in the device and the cable card tab.

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 am

I did some additional troubleshooting. I've got a Dell Vostro 200 bone stock, I took it upstairs and installed the ceton tv card in it and hooked it to the same cable line and I've got live TV. This rules out my comcast signal, cable line, and splitters. But still I'm getting "Service is unavailable" on the HTPC.

The Dell Vostro 200 has Windows 7 Professional just wiped and re-installed, 4 GB RAM and Core 2 Duo. The HTPC computer has Windows 7 Premium.

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 am

What kind of Video Card is in the HTPC?

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 am

Using the onboard HDMI

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 am

I would say the Vostro 200 "should" be fine, it just depends on what that onboard graphics card actually is. If it is going to be a dedicated HTPC there will be no need for anti-virus at all, if you do really want it roll with Microsoft Security Essentials that is for sure.

Can you go into Computer->Properties and run the Windows Experience Index and post the results.

Inside of WMC if you get the "service unavailable" try to bring up the guide and select a show that is on and hit record. Give it a few minutes and try to play it back from Recorded TV.

I am just thinking of a few simple things to try.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 am

I used the Vostro to "rule out" anything besides my HTPC. I would rather the tuner be in the HTPC then the Vostro as I tried to setup the network tuner on the Vostro and when I assigned a tuner to it leaving the rest for the HTPC it couldn't find that tuner nor the remaining 3 on the HTPC. My HTPC specs are on my user profile here, and the index from the HTPC reads:
Processor 7.3
Memory 7.3
Graphics 4.5
Gaming graphics 6.3
Primary hard disk 7.8

I have microsoft security essentials on both computers.

I'd prefer to have the tuner on the HTPC at the end of the day...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 am

Sleerts wrote:"Service is unavailable" on the HTPC
The default network address for the infini is 192.168.200.1 What happens when you ping the infini? Also, if you open an internet browser and try to go to 192.168.200.1 what happens?

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm able to ping the infini and also I'm able to access the settings via web browser.

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm

The only time I have seen the error you list is when I tried Network Tuners. I would run the network tuner setup and it would say it completed, but I would never have a bridge, so there were never any tuners to set up. I monkeyed around with making the Bridge Manually and then I saw the tuners in WMC. Once they were set up and I tired to watch TV, I got the error you mentioned. I now believe this was because Allow Bridging was not checked on the Adapter Advanced properties. (Side Note: this setting is not on my adapter properties. I believe that the wizard now does this behind the scenes).

So Thats why I asked if you were doing network tuners...

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Currently I have no use for network tuners...I might in the near future but I'd like to setup my main HTPC first in order to sell the additional "investments" to the wife.

At least I got it down to something to do with my HTPC...

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 pm

When you did the fresh install of windows, did you install Security Essentials before trying? Have you tried with no A/V and no Firewall on ?

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm

With the Vostro, I installed Security Essentials and all windows updates prior to installing the TV card, and remember, no issues with the Vostro until I tried to set network tuners up.

With the HTPC, I installed all windows updates, made sure I didn't install Security Essentials, installed the TV card, received the error "Service is unavailable". Then installed Security Essentials after verifying it didn't matter with the Vostro.

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm assuming that it has something to do with my sound/display/motherboard on the HTPC that is causing this. Unless something is significantly different between Windows 7 Premium and Windows 7 Pro, which I doubt is the problem.

Currently in process of making sure all the drivers are up to date, as they should be as this is a brand new setup and I installed the drivers straight from the manufacturer.

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Are you running the Beta Drivers? For the infiniTV?

carljanderson

Post by carljanderson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm

After the wipe and re-install did you run the Digital Cable Advisor?

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:53 pm

gthompson20 wrote:Are you running the Beta Drivers? For the infiniTV?
Yes, as instructed by Ceton.

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm

carljanderson wrote:After the wipe and re-install did you run the Digital Cable Advisor?
Yes, on both computers.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Sleerts wrote:I used the Vostro to "rule out" anything besides my HTPC. I would rather the tuner be in the HTPC then the Vostro as I tried to setup the network tuner on the Vostro and when I assigned a tuner to it leaving the rest for the HTPC it couldn't find that tuner nor the remaining 3 on the HTPC. My HTPC specs are on my user profile here, and the index from the HTPC reads:
Processor 7.3
Memory 7.3
Graphics 4.5
Gaming graphics 6.3
Primary hard disk 7.8

I have microsoft security essentials on both computers.

I'd prefer to have the tuner on the HTPC at the end of the day...
Graphics and Gaming graphics scores look low considering that you have the 7000 series. Maybe a different driver might improve the score. What driver are you using now?