Win RT issues

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
NWW

HTPC Specs: Show details

Win RT issues

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Ceton team!

I think I may have found a lot of issues, but only regarding my setting: DVBlogic's TV Source.

First off, since our guide here doesn't have any Images/posters, I use EPGCollector to collect data with images, and pass it on to DVBlogic to inject it inside Windows Media Center. The images show up inside my WMC guide, but no image whatsoever appear inside the app.

- Television pane: I understand that local shows don't show up still. But my recorded shows don't have any images, and still show up as "Season 0, episode 0" (No show has an "original broadcast date" in my guide)
- New recordings pane: Same, no images
- Scheduled: Same
- Movies Gallery pane: same, no images (but I'm using mediabrowser and MCM to parse data for that, not Yamm), but movies that I have recorded that got their images from MS directly work.
- Inside the Guide, no images appear as well.

I don't know if those are current limitations, or issues based on my config, but I thought I'd mentionned it.

Other wise, it works great!

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

For images in Recorded TV & Scheduled Recordings you need the latest services installed.

As for TV and Guide those should be there regardless. If you do have the latest it might have to do with the EPGCollector as we have not tested with anything outside of the standard guide that WMC has. Let me know about the latest services.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

According to the config, I have hte latest service installed: 13.1.12.870

Do I need the beta ones?

EPGCollector collects data from the stream, writes an xmltv file, and finds pictures and stores them on my hard drive for WMC to use.

(If you need logs, access, or anything else, tell me)

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Hmmmm do the images have spaces in the name? We are working on a fix for the channel logs what have this issue. I am not sure exactly if we are able to integrate into EPGCollector, I will ask michael for more info.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Code: Select all

<programme start="20130112220000 +0100" stop="20130112230000 +0100" channel="125">
    <title>NCIS</title>
    <desc>Former marine Gibbs now leads a tough team as part of the NCIS. Lt. Colonel Mann joins Gibbs in an investigation of the murder of a Marine Captain who had access to classified information. S5 Ep3/19</desc>
    <category>Entertainment - Drama</category>
    <star-rating>
      <value>****</value>
    </star-rating>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">51275 .  . </episode-num>
    <credits>
      <actor>Mark Harmon</actor>
      <actor>Michael Weatherly</actor>
      <actor>Cote de Pablo</actor>
      <actor>Lauren Holly</actor>
      <actor>Sean Murray</actor>
      <actor>Sasha Alexander</actor>
      <actor>Pauley Perrette</actor>
      <actor>David McCallum</actor>
      <actor>Brian Dietzen</actor>
      <actor>Rocky Carroll</actor>
    </credits>
    <icon src="file://C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\Images\TV Series\798d9f91-250f-4ad1-b584-d5e0d0643b20.jpg" />
  </programme>
This is an example of the xmltv. Now, I don't know how DVBLink parses this info and integrates it into WMC, but it works inside WMC.

(EPGCollector doesn't interact at all with WMC. It might as well don't exist, it'd be the same if I had another XMLTV file with pictures inside of it)

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 am

hi, i also do not see any images and also use dvblink. The only difference is i'm using the Digiguide plugin to dvblogic which doesn't (as far as i can see) create an xml for loading into MC. certainly not like it used to when i had to use BSEPG to load the xml.

let me know if there is any other information i can provide to help you solve this. i hadn't realised that the tv images were supposed to be working until i read this

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Motz, any news on this? :)

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm

I have been out of the office sick since wednesday, but i will be working with michael today on several different things.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Motz wrote:I have been out of the office sick since wednesday, but i will be working with michael today on several different things.
Alright! :) Keep up the good work!

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry for nagging you guys, but has this been adressed?

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Sorry, we have not had any time to investigate this just yet. I am not sure when we will be able to look at it.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:44 am

An update:

Since starting using BSEPG (which uses an online database instead of a local database for images => probably an easy fix, instead of looking on the web, look on the HTPC for the images ie: SERVER\\pathtofile instead of www.domain.whatever), images do show up in WinRT. That's a good thing.

The bad thing is that all recordings are mentionned as "Season 0, Episode 0".

I would like to know, what does MyMC uses to dertemine those values?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:48 pm

cool that is good to know that you got the images working. Those values come from the guide data as well actually. It is pretty common to have season 0 for everything and different episode numbers and WMC guide isn't always correct. We are working on integration with other metadata services to pull this information in the future.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 am

Hey Motz, thanks for the update.

As many people are still using 3rd party guides with images downloaded on their Hard Drives instead of being pulled from the web as is the normal guide, is it possible to allow the MyMediaCenter apps to look on the server for the images? I'm no coder, but I can't imagine this being that difficult, but I might be wrong :)

Keep up the good work.