A Few Known Issues for Windows 8 App

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

A Few Known Issues for Windows 8 App

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:57 am

First I want to thank everyone for their support and being awesome and so active on the boards, blog posts, email, and twitter. You guys are great and I really appreciate it.

So just a heads up on a few things we have discovered and when/how to address or get around them.

1.) Selecting Channel from Guide -> Then selecting show -> Then hitting back: Crashes app
--> Something that was missed completely during testing and I apologize. I have already submitted and app update yesterday to solve this.

2.) Selecting Show/Movie then from the app bard hitting Remote -> Then hitting back: crashes app
-->Might be fixed with the update I submitted yesterday, I am going into the office tomorrow to investigate
--->Work around is to simply don't use app bar to get to remote, first navigate home and then to the remote from home screen.

I think these are the only real things that I have seen thus far. Please post any steps of something that is crashing the app if you find it.

Thank you again!

Update 1/21: V 1.3.2.0 is now available. Fixes issue #1. Issues #2 is kind of fixed, it doesn't crash but is now just a blank page as I learned of this after submitting. I have a new build ready to rock by the end of the week!
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Lagrik

Post by Lagrik » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 am

Couple things I am seeing with the PC app being fully updated as well as all my mobile devices being fully up to date:
* I'm using a Surface RT with Windows RT. If I use the guide, I seem to be unable to scroll right or left using touch like I can on my Windows Phone 8 device. I can use the later or earlier buttons just fine.
* There seems to be no option to filter the guide to HD only. I have gone into the settings and enabled the HD options but that seems more for HD filtering on searches. For example, using the app on my Windows Phone 8 device, there is an option to filter the guide for HD only channels and it works great. I just don't see the same capability in the Windows 8 app.

Other than the above, the app has been great. Love the interface and capabilities. Really looking forward to streaming in future versions.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Motz.. Love the app! Really well done I'm very impressed and a bit sad actually I turned you down initially as a beta tester..lol
Thanks for all your hard work on the former CC now My MC app. I have a question, when you open the movie library section to view your local movies it loads a section like on mine it loads # through G titled movies. And you have to hit the small "load more" button at the end to load up the other half of my collection. Could you make it more like the tv guide where it populates more as you scroll instead of having to hit a button to "load more"? I know that some have very extensive collections and that wait time is a factor, but if it populated in small sections as you scroll might not be too bad??
Thanks,
newfiend

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

STEAKMAN33

Post by STEAKMAN33 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

I think I found one bug that affects the WMC on my PC, as well as the app on my Xbox 360. After getting the My Media Center to connect to my Xbox yesterday (thanks again for the help Motz), I found an issue trying to play a movie from the movie gallery screen. I chose a movie that had a license attached and tried to play it with the play button at the bottom of the details screen, it did not work and gave me an error message. On my PC it just simply said that it could not play the movie and I was able to back out, no problem using the remote. When I tried it with the Xbox, it came back with a lengthier error message and when I hit the back button on the remote portion of the app, it crashed the app. I had to back out of the error message on the Xbox using the controller. When I restarted the app on my phone and tried to connect to the Xbox again, it came back with an error message that it couldn't connect and I should do a refresh of the connection (which was my problem yesterday). I tried restarting the app on my Xbox and then was able to connect with my phone app again. If I went straight to the remote portion of the app and navigated the media center options for the movies, selecting the one with a license attached, it played just fine... This bug only seems to affect movies with licenses attached. My ripped movies seemed to work fine... Thanks

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 pm

new update out today have you updated and tried it again?
newfiend~

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 am

@Steakman33 what exactly do you mean by "licensed movies" I can test it out here.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 am

Motz wrote:@Steakman33 what exactly do you mean by "licensed movies" I can test it out here.
Shot in the dark....movies he recorded from HBO/Showtime ect on a CableCard setup?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am

So all sorts of fantastic stuff for the next update in win8... I am super excited for it. All these problems and soo much more will be solved!
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Lagrik

Post by Lagrik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am

Motz wrote:So all sorts of fantastic stuff for the next update in win8... I am super excited for it. All these problems and soo much more will be solved!
Great to hear and looking forward to it. Hopefully this includes what I posted about. :)

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 am

Lagrik wrote:
Motz wrote:So all sorts of fantastic stuff for the next update in win8... I am super excited for it. All these problems and soo much more will be solved!
Great to hear and looking forward to it. Hopefully this includes what I posted about. :)
They are on my list of things to add in there :) Most likely in the next/next update. However I am adding ability to use left/right keyboard button to move ahead in time :)

I didn't include some of the settings for a reason though, same with filtering, but over time I might add in.

See changelogs here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2825
I Write, Code, and Tweet

wmcuser1233

Post by wmcuser1233 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:03 am

Hey Motz, I think I might have found something that's not working right with the newest update. When you go to the channels page to see what is on for certain channels, the load more button doesn't work. It was working for me the other day. Maybe I just need to reboot my htpc to fix it.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:08 am

I will take a look into this. I overhauled this page a bit, perhaps I broke something. Thank you. Update, yeah when i fixed this section up I messed up the load more button. Will be fixed :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

meoge

Post by meoge » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I've got a feature request for both the Win8 and WinPhone8 app. When I select a show from the guide and set it to record, I would like to be able to adjust the recording settings from the same screen. The best example is setting a recording for a sporting event. I want to have it record 1 hour longer in case the game goes over. To do this now I have to go back to the home screen and then to future recordings and then find and select the recording before going into the options and changing it there.

STEAKMAN33

Post by STEAKMAN33 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Hey, sorry for the delay, I've been side-tracked the last couple days... To answer your questions about the "Licensed Movies", I am referring to movies that are "digital copy" downloads when you buy a DVD or Blu-Ray, that are on my PC. They cause an error when using the app's gallery/details screen, play button on the bottom. When I navigate to them using just the "remote", they seem to work fine....

I'll check back later to see if you have any more questions...

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Everything that "was an issue" that I found is resolved now in 1.3.2.1 that is out now. I am going to unsticky for now. if you find any bugs or have a feature request just submit them over at: http://tracker.cetoncorp.com
I Write, Code, and Tweet