Unable to validate license

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Socketman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to validate license

Post by Socketman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Im running windows 8 and decided to try this app. It finds my windows media center computer but when trying to connect it just times out. I tried the long press on the pc to add a password but when I do so nothing happens. Any help deeply appreciatted

Socketman

Post by Socketman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm

NM something with my phone. Old phone works fine.

This is the weirdest thing I have had happen in a while. For whatever reason my Samsung phone would not connect to the internet,but would connect to my local network. I could control my avr's fine but no internet,yet my old phone would connect to internet fine. I tried a full restore of the phone and a lot of settings on both my routers. After much frustration I decided to try the phone without the sim card and it worked as it always has. I shut down reinstalled sim card and now everything works fine. Go figure, I have no explanation but thought I would share this. The app now works great once it was able to authenticate online.

Richard

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 am

Ahh I figured it out Yes on android you need an internet connection and your google account synced as we do an authentication check in the app to ensure a valid license.

Glad it is working now for you.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Socketman

Post by Socketman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:14 am

Figures my phone would act up at the same time as putting on this app LOL. After reflection , I believe it was the act of removing the battery for a hard reboot solved the issue I was having with the internet. It is all working as expected now. I am a big fan of media browser and during my search for a media browser app I found this one.Is there any chance of media browser support being added.

Richard

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 am

Yep we are working on integration of movies with My Movies/Media Browser generated art/metadata and such.

Glad it is all working though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet