Playback location question

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
mlturner2a

HTPC Specs: Show details

Playback location question

Post by mlturner2a » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I'm running windows media center with an infinitv 4 pcie card on a windows 7 pro 64 bit pc. This is working. (Works with remote potato and media buddy.)
I set up my port forwarding and the test from mymedia center configuration came back positive after I added the portforwarding in my router for port 5832.

My tablet (samsung series 7 xe700t1a-a04us, running windows 8 pro) has the mymedia center app on it. When I start the app on my tablet, it connects to my windows 7 pc and it finds all my programs.

When I press play on a program on my tablet, it doesn't play on my tablet. Instead it plays on my computer where the recording resides. Having re-read the product description it appears this app is ONLY designed to play this on my media center server in the basement or my xbox, if and only if, my xbox is on, and that I cannot actually playback the shows on my tablet like I had hoped.

Is this correct? Or, is there a way to play content from my infinitv computer on my tablet?

Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Motz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

My Media Center is for management and control. we allow you to start playback and control the WMC PC the services are installed on and any Extenders that are in extender mode connected to that PC.

While we are working on adding streaming in the future for all the apps it is currently not in the feature set of the current apps.
I Write, Code, and Tweet