Playback messed up after resume or long FF

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Cryofax

HTPC Specs: Show details

Playback messed up after resume or long FF

Post by Cryofax » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 am

We were watching a 2.5 hour film in avi format via the echo. Worked great but we decided to call it a night after about an hour and a half and decided to watch the rest the next night. Upon resuming the video the next night it went into a "slideshow" mode with no audio. It was showing about every 30th frame or so. Just a new frame every second or two. It was the correct frame for the time of the movie, but obviously skipped dozens of frames in between each.

We restarted the movie and it played fine. I fast-forwarded it to the same point and upon pushing play it started the problem again. The source .avi file plays fine to any point on the host HTPC. Some more testing revealed any prolonged FF put the playback into this weird mode on the echo. I let it go on several minutes to see if it would snap out of it but it never did.

Any suggestions? Oh and is there an easy way to skip to a specific point in a video via the echo? i.e type in a time # or something?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

On my Linksys extender, I press say 27 then Play, and the video jumps to the 27th minute. This is a media center function, not an extender function, so it should work on the Echo too.

You can also type a number and press skip forward, to skip X times - if skip-forward normally skips 30 seconds, then 12-skip will skip forward 6 minutes.

Cryofax

Post by Cryofax » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

UPDATE : Tried this on both echos with the same result. Video playback goes to a slideshow without audio after resume. BUT on my XBox 360 extender it works with no problems.

P.S. Foxwood thank you very much for that info.