Netflix Script Error

STC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by STC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Netflux (remove the l).
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

ahecht

Post by ahecht » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm

paperpuncher2 wrote:Anyway, in the end, she said it had to be a problem on the Netflix side. All the problem url's start with http://cdn1.nflxext and apparently, the cdn1 part refers to a Canadian server...potentially the problem. Hopefully if we make enough noise to Netflix they can fix this soon.
The cdn1 part has nothing to do with Canada :lol:. CDN stands for "Content Delivery Network".

mschnebly

Post by mschnebly » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 pm

After months of no issues with my WMC I had one pop up yesterday while watching Netflix. At the very end of a TV show I was watching a popup came on the screen about a script error. No matter what I try Netflix is unusable. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app, flushed temp files and basically everything I know to do. Any ideas for what to check next? Netflix still works on my Roku so I can get to it. All my TV functions are still working. Baffling.

[Moderator note: topic merged; please search before posting]

Sorry, I was looking in the wrong forum.

AtomicCEO

Post by AtomicCEO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

paperpuncher2 wrote:Here's a related thread that the Microsoft tech came up with http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 1adfa8cce2
Doh. I tried to pile on that thread, but the MS website gave me an error when I clicked "reply" the first 10 times. "We're unable to complete your request. Microsoft account is experiencing technical problems. Please try again later."

I finally logged in, and now the reply button doesn't work in Chrome or IE. It gives no errors, just reloads the page.

Go Microsoft. :roll:

EDIT: Now when I reload, the page is in #$%& Chinese for some reason. Awesome.
Last edited by AtomicCEO on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vitalg149

Post by vitalg149 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

why is there so few plugins for wmc. does anyone know if there is netflix for xbmc?

robertredd

Post by robertredd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Just adding a "me too" to the thread....

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Haven't been here in a while, but when Netflix crapped out on me this morning, a google search led me back (Hi everyone).

This has just been a complete crap week for me. It started on Monday night when my internet bandwidth went to crap (while viewing a TV program over Netflix, btw). My 25Mb/s connection had suddenly dropped to 800Kb/s (remember dial-up?) and this was for all computers on my network. On Wednesday, my ISP (Comcrap) finally resolved the issue and my network connection was back to normal, but for some reason, my HTPC couldn't connect and I couldn't use it to watch TV anymore. Seems that system's motherboard's NIC had died.

This morning, I finally swapped systems and reinstalled my Ceton Tuner and I'm finally able to watch TV again. Go to Netflix to watch something and find this script error.

Like I said. Been a great week!

-Wolf sends

hsolo

Post by hsolo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 pm

I started getting the same thing yesterday. With the nature of how it started for me, my money is on Netflix causing the problem. I had started this thread on the Windows Experts Community: http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 03707.aspx
But like the rest of you, there has been no resolution.

Bandalo

Post by Bandalo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Same issue here with WMC on both Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64.

Seems odd this happens the DAY that the new law (Video Privacy Protection Act) that allows sharing of Netflix data to Facebook and other social networks is changed. I'm guessing either Netflix updated their server with this before MS was ready, or there's some disagreement between MS and Netflix about how to handle it.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 pm

+1 on the problem

westkr

Post by westkr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:13 pm

this is because they are showing a comercial!!!!!! a freaking commercial...

its for their new show "give and take" .. it has a skip button.. but it throws errors for MCE.. and regardless of skip or not.. commercial!? wth Netflix.

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

If they stop supporting it and remove the app from WMC I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before someone creates a new plugin (like someone is doing with Amazon video and have done with Hulu in the past).

mados123

Post by mados123 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Same script issue as everyone else. I am not able to play it in WMC on a Win7 64bit machine but am able to in a browser. I thought it was because I put in a new graphics card and that was messing with previous security settings but I am seeing that is not the case.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:16 pm

paperpuncher2 wrote: All the problem url's start with http://cdn1.nflxext and apparently, the cdn1 part refers to a Canadian server...
I'm fairly sure that CDN is a reference to Content Distribution Network, not Canada.

(Oops, I see ahecht already posted that).
Last edited by foxwood on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:31 pm

newfiend wrote:Did you see that if you you decide to use Windows 8 MC and you have Linksys extenders or an echo that they won't work? The only supported extender is now the Xbox for Win 8? That's BS if you ask me. If they are going to release MC and support it in 8 then support it don't half butt it. The extenders should still work in wmc regardless of version or OS IMO.
I have no problem with the fact that my 2 Linksys Extenders, that the manufacturers abandoned almost 3 years ago, will never work with Windows 8 - I'd have a problem if they stopped working on my current working Windows 7 HTPC, but there is absolutely no requirement for anyone with a working Windows 7 HTPC to upgrade. Microsoft still supports WMC on Windows 7, and will for a number of years. While upgrading a Vista HTPC to an Win7 HTPC was pretty much a no brainer, "legacy" extender owners have a more important decision to make when considering upgrading, though it's made easier by the fact that there's very little point!

The V2 Extender model took advantage of operating system functions that no longer exist. V1 Extenders didn't work with Vista when it was released. V2 Extenders don't work with Windows 8. I'm far more put out by the fact that I can't play Spider Solitaire in the desktop on Windows 8!

westkr

Post by westkr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Netflix Customer Service
You are now chatting with: Sinhue
38 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Hey there! This is Sin, how can I help you today?
38 minutes agoYou
player crash in MCE :(
38 minutes agoYou
When trying to watch a Netflix video in Windows Media Center, I recieve a script error and the video fails to ever play. Netflix has said that they do not support the Windows Media Center plugin as it was made by Microsoft and not them. The error is on line 278, char 300 of http://cdn1.nflxext.com/FilePackageGett ... 1-5.js?v=1 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
37 minutes agoYou
this appears to be a change that was made on Netflix side somewhere on the back end that has killed all functionality for MCE users
35 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Alright, it is currently not available for the windows media center and we are looking into adding it again to the windows media center. Who am I chatting with today?
34 minutes agoYou
Kent
34 minutes agoYou
you are saying you are aware of the issue?
34 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Great to meet you Kent, yes we are aware of the issue because we have a lot of customers report this to us, and we are working in trying to get it back to the media center.
33 minutes agoYou
okay.. can I have a credit please ? I have two TVs affected.
31 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
I would not be able to credit about this issue because you can still use other devices to stream. Your netflix is working correctly it is just not compatible with windows media center.
30 minutes agoYou
when I signed up for Netflix .. it was compatible.. when I bought $2,000 worth of computers to connect to my Televisions.. it was compatible.
30 minutes agoYou
Netflix made a change that made incompatible.
30 minutes agoYou
I'm asking for a credit while you fix it?
29 minutes agoYou
how about an ETA?
29 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Correct! It is still compatible with your computers you have to use the browsers for now, until we can get it working again for windows media center. We did not make the change to where it will not work that is something to do with Microsoft.
29 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
I can not give you an ETA because it is something we are still working on.
28 minutes agoYou
right.. you are working on it? not my stuff... so my account is not working correctly.
28 minutes agoYou
so until it is... I would like a credit
28 minutes agoYou
seems pretty simple.
26 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Your account is working correctly and I can not credit. You have to think of netflix as a cable company, if they have a channel that you liked to watch and it disappeared they do not make adjustments or credits because it's gone. It was up to the broadcasters to remove it not the cable company.
25 minutes agoYou
but it is not the broadcaster trying to fix it.. it is the cable company in this scenario.. if the cable company does something to interrupt my service.. they credit me.
25 minutes agoYou
if my account was working correctly my MCE would be working.
23 minutes agoYou
it is like iPhones stop working on AT&T network and AT&T says that Android phones still work.. so your account is okay!
23 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
But that is the thing the cable company did not do anything it was the broadcasters choice. Your account is working correctly because you can still stream on any compatible device.
23 minutes agoYou
see my last post. it is like iPhones stop working on AT&T network and AT&T says that Android phones still work.. so your account is okay!
21 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Then if the iphone stopped working then apple the company stopped them from working they have control over it. All we do is offer our services to the business and they are the ones that allow how it is used. All we do is manage the titles and the availability of the titles only.
21 minutes agoYou
so you changed your APIs? and you seem to think that isn't your problem with your customer?
20 minutes agoYou
Netflix is AMAZING... this is a mini DVD/Streaming gate all over again.
20 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
We did not change anything! Everything is correct the ones that have changed on how it is used is microsoft, not netflix.
19 minutes agoYou
MS didn't change anything...
19 minutes agoYou
http://cdn1.nflxext.com/FilePackageGett ... 1-5.js?v=1
19 minutes agoYou
and look at that URL.. I don't see MS in that URL.. I see nflxext...
17 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
So I double checked the information for you and I have confirmed 100% that Microsoft created the Media Center version of Netflix. I know that Microsoft is moving to the new Windows 8 app and will be dropping support for the older version in the near future.
16 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
In the meantime, you are still able to use Netflix in any standard web-browser that you have on your computer.
16 minutes agoYou
you said "yes we are aware of the issue because we have a lot of customers report this to us, and we are working in trying to get it back to the media center." who is WE - we is Netflix? if you don't control the problem then how are you fixing it?
15 minutes agoYou
each time Netflix has blamed MS it has been netflix to fix the issue in the past? are you aware of that.
14 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
What we are able to do here is pass the feedback along to Microsoft. In the end it will be their software that needs the update. From what I can gather, Microsoft is moving towards the new Windows 8 app, which was created by Netflix. They're always pushing their customers to upgrade operating systems.
13 minutes agoYou
Windows 8 app is for the RTM version, I'm talking x86 here.. please don't a) speak of which you are unaware or b) try to bs me.
13 minutes agoYou
specifically the MCE x86 plugin, which btw.. is also offered in win8 MCE, which BTW is ALSO experiencing this outage.. caused by change executed by Netflix
11 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
I can mark this chat for feedback for you so that Microsoft knows the weight that the disconnect is causing. In the meantime, your web browser will allow you to stream Netflix without any difficulties.
11 minutes agoYou
sitting on a couch without a keyboard or mouse - trying to use a browser= difficulty!
11 minutes agoYou
I have a MCE remote
10 minutes agoYou
and YES.. please mark for feedback
9 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
I can relate with you there. I have my computer hooked up to my TV and keyboard/mouse can get tedious sometimes.
9 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
Yes for sure, I am being 100% honest when I say that Microsoft has control over the MCE of Netflix. We do hear a lot of feedback regarding the functionality and it can be discouraging as we have no support articles whatsoever for this.
7 minutes agoYou
that isn't accurate though... if MCE is calling out for example: content1.nflx.com and you guys change the server to content2.nflx.com ... and you push that change prior to MS updating MCE.. YOU DID HAVE CONTROL
7 minutes agoYou
you made a choice to do that.
6 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
I can't say I'm aware to why the servers had changed, I'm sure there is a rhyme and rhythm to it, to my knowledge Microsoft would just need to update their app with the new server information and it would work as before.
5 minutes agoYou
the point is Netflix made a change.. Netflix a) didn't test with all devices (althought I understand you can't possibliy test all.. Roku, Microsoft, Sony, iOS, etc..) woudl surely be on list... Netflix disconnected my devices... I want a credit.
3 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
We do have the ability to test changes with any application that was created by us, including the Sony, iOS, etc. The one, and only one that I know of, application that you're using was created by Microsoft and Netflix does not have the ability to make the changes and run the necessary tests to it.
3 minutes agoYou
no I'm pretty sure Netflix can afford a $400 win7 computer with MCE... and I'm guessing someone can test that!!..
3 minutes agoYou
some of your response are VERY inflammatory.
2 minutes agoNetflix Sinhue
It's not about having access to the operating system or application, it would be the ability and liability of modifying an application that we have no license to.
2 minutes agoYou
NO.. its about you pushing to production a change that is going to disconnect YOUR customers...
58 seconds agoYou
credit or no credit?
44 seconds agoNetflix Sinhue
Again, I have shared the information that I have available to me. This is not something that I can credit for.
13 seconds agoYou
okay.. I've copied this thread and I'm posting to Netflix Facebook Wall, along with My Wall and Microsofts.. have a good day.

robertredd

Post by robertredd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Nice.... I love how he says they "Netflix" is fixing it, but that they didn't cause it... explain that

gituttle

Post by gituttle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm

My system broke last night 1/10/13. I have tried reinstalling Netflix for WMC and performing a Windows restore to 1/9/13 but neither helped. Seems like Netflix is targeting "Cable Cutters".

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

gituttle wrote:My system broke last night 1/10/13. I have tried reinstalling Netflix for WMC and performing a Windows restore to 1/9/13 but neither helped. Seems like Netflix is targeting "Cable Cutters".
I think Netflix entire goal is to help "Cable Cutters".

Some of the rest of you are extremely impatient. I know it sucks not having Netflix, but it's one problem with a very small percentage of their customer base. It's been what, 24 hours? Give them time to realize what's going on and fix it. If it's still broken in a few more days, then you can act like it's the end of the world.

kebrady

Post by kebrady » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:01 pm

i just spoke with them.... much better conversation than the "brain trust" that I spoke to last night who wanted to give me Microsoft's number.... needless to say, I declined.

The guy I just spoke with said they had done some sort of update last night.... He also said that they were aware of the problem and working on it. He said the "brain trust" should not have offered to give me Microsoft's number.

I agree with "Lucky Day" and let's not hang them out to dry just yet.... But I admit, this is my first problem with them, and I know there are a bunch of you out there that have had numerous problems in the past..... so I am going to keep my fingers crossed - there is really not much else we can do....

On a side note, I have been trying to research other alternatives.... pick up a sony media streamer off craigslist... - but have to have another remote, and have the capabilities to add yet another thing to the back of your TV..... also, roku has a streaming stick... sam's club has it on sale per slickdeals.net today for $59. Says you need a special tv for it, but called roku, and if you have an extra HDMI, you can buy an adapter and they said an "MHL" (i think) to HDMI adapter would work - approx. $15... but again more money out of your pocket and I am not so sure I believe them!!! But again, i am going to hope that Netflix figures this out... it is truly in their best interest to, there are alot of us "cablecutters" out there!!!