WMC Folders

bunnyboo

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Folders

Post by bunnyboo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this form so sorry If I have posted this in the wrong place.
I'm looking for some help please.

I bought a PC with the aim of using it for watching movies only. I use a 2TB Nas drive on my home network. I also use Media Center master to do all my indexing, album cover etc. However at present i'm hitting nearly 300 movies. My question is please...

Because I have action, comedy, horror, and kids movies, is there any way that I can create folders of those names with the movies in them. So when I log onto my PC, switch on media center I will see these folders and can access e.g kids movies to watch when my kids want them rather than trawling through nearly 300 movies to find what they want...

Sorry for the long winded question.

If anyone can offer any advice I would be very grateful please...

The other thing I would like some help on please is my sound...

Most of my movies are in MKV (bluray) so the sound comes out as 5.1. But all I have is standard TV speakers. As you can appreciate when there is talking the volume is up quite high, but suddenly there is a explosion and my neighbours fall out of bed with the fright because its so loud :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there any program that can be install to convert the sound to standard TV whilst watching the movie or perhaps something that works with media center itself and auto converts whilst playing???

Many Thanks in advance,

Bunnyboo :mrgreen:
Last edited by bunnyboo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 pm

The only way to do that would be to switch from the default Movie Library to a third party Movie Library/plugin such as MyMovies or MediaBrowser

bunnyboo

Post by bunnyboo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Bloody hell that was a quick reply....Thanks...Can you offer any more info...sorry im not very techy on this kinda stuff..

Thanks again for a speedy reply.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 pm

What is Media Browser?
Media Browser is a media aggregator plugin for Media Center that takes your recorded, digital, or ripped media and presents it in a simple, easy to use interface. Media Browser prides itself on delivering a fast, intuitive, media rich experience for the whole family.
http://www.mediabrowser.tv/
Do you love movies? If you do, you will love My Movies; the ultimate product suite for movie enthusiasts.

Manage your collection on Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad or Android. Browse and play your movies or TV Series in Windows Media Center
http://www.mymovies.dk/

(I don't use either of them, but that's where you get them!)

bunnyboo

Post by bunnyboo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks again for a fast reply....Just downloaded mediabrowser...It looks like what I need...Can I take it that I uninstall media master center and use this instead in line with WMC??

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 pm

You will still need something to get your metadata. So no, or look into others on the MediaBrowser forums.

bunnyboo

Post by bunnyboo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks again all....Its very much appreciated that you can offer help to a complete stranger...

Any ideas about the sound issue???