New firmware versions?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mikbro

HTPC Specs: Show details

New firmware versions?

Post by mikbro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 pm

With the holidays I didn't expect any new versions, but now that we are into the new year any news on new versions?

I have one box on 1221 and one on 1228 (likely the latest omega build since I think that mac is on the omega list). Both still have stuttering issues at times w/certain content (heavy panning/tickers). Other issues like the video preview window and occasional lockups have me looking for new versions :-)...

gregcaulder

Post by gregcaulder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 am

mikbro wrote:With the holidays I didn't expect any new versions, but now that we are into the new year any news on new versions?

I have one box on 1221 and one on 1228 (likely the latest omega build since I think that mac is on the omega list). Both still have stuttering issues at times w/certain content (heavy panning/tickers). Other issues like the video preview window and occasional lockups have me looking for new versions :-)...
I'm wondering the same thing.
I'm not in the special alpha testing group, just the public beta group.
I'm still on version 2012.1219.1030, and my echo is set to the Beta firmware update option, and I haven't seen anything since I had the last update 2.5 weeks ago.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 am

We have been testing several new fixes and enhancements internally. With CES and a few of our staff (both dev & support there), not the best time to push out firmware in my opinion, but do not fear we are still hard at work.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm

^^ I thought you guys weren't doing CES this year but I suppose it is that you are showing off the actual echo and not the prototype that was shown last year. I hope the f/w in the ones at the show is the 1214 f/w because that one is the best thus far. I wish I could roll back or roll forward. I guess I need to wait another week or so.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 am

Sammy2 wrote:^^ I thought you guys weren't doing CES this year but I suppose it is that you are showing off the actual echo and not the prototype that was shown last year. I hope the f/w in the ones at the show is the 1214 f/w because that one is the best thus far. I wish I could roll back or roll forward. I guess I need to wait another week or so.
Not presenting this year at CES, but a few always go, lots of important meetings take place.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gregcaulder

Post by gregcaulder » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 am

Motz wrote:We have been testing several new fixes and enhancements internally. With CES and a few of our staff (both dev & support there), not the best time to push out firmware in my opinion, but do not fear we are still hard at work.
I just wish I could get in on the private beta testing, but that probably wont happen.