Recorded TV Shows in SD are shown as HD

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
NWW

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV Shows in SD are shown as HD

Post by NWW » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi,

On the Main Page, under Recorded TV, all my shows are listed with an "HD" tag, where the show is in SD, and is marked as such on Windows Media Center Guide.

Also, under Television Gallery, one show (Once Upon a Time) has an Italian series synopsis (but the episode synopsis is in the correct recorded language), and others just show up empty, with seasons 0 episode 0 for all of them.

Do I need to upon a ticket for that?

Thanks!

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 am

which version & platform of the app?

For TV Gallery we are going to be fixing this all up soon.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

Windows Phone 7.5 (1.3.0.2)
Windows 7 x64
Ceton Companion Service 12.10.20.660

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

I will file a bug on the HD part. probably just data bound wrong.
Thanks
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 am

nope, i figured it all out already. It will be in the next next app update as I already submitted an app update. sorry about that.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 am

Wow! Awesome, great :)

Keep up the good work.

NWW

Post by NWW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 am

Well, just updated my WP7.5, cleared the cache, and it's still listing all shows as HD.

Don't know if this update was supposed to fix it?

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Correct. Like I said.. next next update... which now is the next update. I actually just submitted it to the Windows Phone Store yesterday so hopefully we will see it by the end of the week. It has a bunch of other fixes in it as well. There will be no need to clear the cache all that does is delete some databases and images.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Motz wrote:Correct. Like I said.. next next update... which now is the next update. I actually just submitted it to the Windows Store yesterday so hopefully we will see it by the end of the week. It has a bunch of other fixes in it as well. There will be no need to clear the cache all that does is delete some databases and images.
Damn, sorry! I mis-read it! Please don't hit me ^^

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Motz wrote:Correct. Like I said.. next next update... which now is the next update. I actually just submitted it to the Windows Store yesterday so hopefully we will see it by the end of the week. It has a bunch of other fixes in it as well. There will be no need to clear the cache all that does is delete some databases and images.
Will this address the memory usage on the Host machine? I tried this today and after finding I had to install Net4 on the HP, it then went into memory overload when I connected a Win8 Laptop. Really can't use it in my set-up--maybe too many titles in the library don't know but it crashed the HP and went ahead and installed five updates to Net4 and then I took out the service on the HP since I couldn't disconnect it from the laptop with any of the controls I could find.

Would be nice to know if you have to install "other stuff" to make it work and if it will require a machine restart or not and what the memory usage will be. Otherwise looks nice.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:18 am

John, can you go into the my media center config then go to Advanced->Other-> and turn OFF "recorded tv enhanced metadata" and see if that fixes your issue.

I am not sure what net4 is if you could link to it.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

NWW

Post by NWW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Motz wrote:Correct. Like I said.. next next update... which now is the next update. I actually just submitted it to the Windows Phone Store yesterday so hopefully we will see it by the end of the week. It has a bunch of other fixes in it as well. There will be no need to clear the cache all that does is delete some databases and images.
I can safely say that this issue is fixed ! :D

Thanks!