Echo will not reconnect to WMC

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
sskevinm

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo will not reconnect to WMC

Post by sskevinm » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 pm

I am having a problem with my echo not reconnecting to my HTPC. I have followed the required set up procedure(installed ceton echo plugin, entered setup key, etc...) and the echo workes correctly as expected. The problem comes after the echo is powered down. When the device is powered back up, it trys connecting but it never happens. I have to re-pair the echo with WMC by entering a new setup key. This happens everytime the device is powered down. When the problem occurs, I am able to ping the Echo, so the HTPC does see the device. I have opened a ticket with Ceton and they have been trying to look into the problem. Anyone else have the same issue?

HTPC Specs.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K (not overclocked)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Video Card: Asus Geforce GTX 670
RAM - 8GB
HDD: Corsair GT 60GB SSD

Router: BUFFALO AirStation HighPower N450 Gigabit Wireless Router with DD-WRT firmware(latest stable release)

All devices are connected to the router with Cat 5e cable. I have run a ping test on the network for a generic debug and it shows no signs of trouble.

Ceton Echo with FW Version 2012.1221.1618.
Last edited by sskevinm on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Yes.. But in my case, I simply power off the Echo and power it back on using the remote. Eventually it will connect without needed to "repair" the unit. The xbox also does this (though not as often as the echo), and in my case, once connected, the echo is slightly better....
Time is on my side.

sskevinm

Post by sskevinm » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have let the Echo stay powered on for hours and still will not reconnect. Do you leave your HTPC and Echo on all the time so the pairing doesn't break?

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 pm

@sskevinm can you see if there is a driver update for your NIC card on your HTPC. I am assuming it is the P8Z77-V Deluxe: http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... 7V_DELUXE/

There are 2 NICs on there that might be causing issues.
Intel® 82579V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Realtek® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

I would ensure you update drivers for both:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... Controller
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false

See if this fixes it up.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

sskevinm

Post by sskevinm » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Motz,

That is the correct motherboard. I do have the latest drivers from the links that you provided. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I even reinstalled Windows 7 pro on my PC but no change.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 am

Have you looked into the router settings yet? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP

sskevinm

Post by sskevinm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:37 am

The funny thing is, the IP address has never changed, but I will give this a try and see if this will help. Thanks for the tip.
Last edited by sskevinm on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:21 pm

sskevinm wrote:The funny things is, the IP address has never changed, but I will give this a try and see if this will help. Thanks for the tip.
Here is some more info on "DHCP reservation" Don't know why we need it, just know we do. Might not be your entire solution, but might get you one step closer. http://www.avsforum.com/newsearch/?sear ... advanced=1

sskevinm

Post by sskevinm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 am

I found a repeating pattern to get the Echo to connect. If I power up the Echo first, then power up my HTPC, the Echo will connect everytime. The problem is, this is not ideal since I leave my HTPC on all the time. Does this seem correct? I would assume the echo would connect when the HTPC is powered up first, then the echo.