Ceton Companion finds computer but can not log on

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
wljnks

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Companion finds computer but can not log on

Post by wljnks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

I have a Ceton Companion running on an old Droid Xoom with Gingerbread 4.1.2. I have set up the Ceton App in my PC (Running Window 8 Pro), enabled the Belkin AC900 router thru the virtual server. Tested the Ceton Companion Diagnostics under the about tab (all OK).
On the mobile device, I scanned for the PC, found it, verified settings, PC name, Internal IP, internal port, etc.. all matched.

Issue: When I try to connect to the PC, it says "Password incorrect, please long press on PC to edit, unable to connect to PC, please check connection or PC settings.
In Ceton Companion-advanced-other, I have tried a password and no password, still no go
Any Suggestions?

sancraig

Post by sancraig » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Have you tried the steps in this thread?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=3941

wljnks

Post by wljnks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Thank you for your help. I had read the post last night, checked my time on the Xoom and on the computer. The times matched so I dismissed the post you linked. I just checked my time zone, The computer had pacific time as the time zone.
Thank you for your help, I am connected.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:45 pm

wljnks wrote:Thank you for your help. I had read the post last night, checked my time on the Xoom and on the computer. The times matched so I dismissed the post you linked. I just checked my time zone, The computer had pacific time as the time zone.
Lots of people who don't live on the West Coast have the Pacific Time Zone set as their Time Zone, because it's the default for Windows, and end up displaying what appears to be the correct time, but the underlying time is actually off by an hour or two.

It might be a good idea if the Companion Server displayed the system Time Zone when the system is being set up, so that people who have the wrong Time Zone set could be alerted to the fact that there's a problem.

(Actually, the Server set up should be able to compare "apparent time" on the PC to actual time from a Time Zerver, and alert the user if there is an obvious mismatch. I'm not sure why Windows doesn't do that itself).