Echo Settings Plugin Not Working

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
awwende

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Settings Plugin Not Working

Post by awwende » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I just got my echo, followed all the steps to properly install my echo on my PC but it isn't working. It will show up on my extras library but when I select Echo Settings it times out and says the plugin is not available.

I've followed the steps in the recommended fix in a similar thread to this with no success. I've tired another PC with the same results, and a 32-bit laptop that also won't use the plugin properly. Does anyone know how to fix this or even how to do a manual update?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 pm

This sounds like an update didn't stick completely. It's happened to me a couple times. Just open an official support ticket with Ceton and send them the Mac address of the Echo. They'll send you instructions on how to restore the unit. It's a simple process and only takes about 10 minutes. That should fix you up.

awwende

Post by awwende » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I opened up a ticket a couple days ago. I'm trying to be patient with Ceton because I'm sure there's a large amount of tickets and a small technical support staff to handle it, but it's really frustrating trying to get my echo working but Ceton not responding to my ticket.

Should I try putting the echo in recovery and then trying to get the plugin to work?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm

This has been an ongoing issue that we have seen in a limited amount of customers. We have been investigating it and I will ask support today if they do have any steps to get it working. A few questions are which version of the firmware are you on?

Also can you open up a web browser on your pc and go to the device web page? See: http://cetoncorp.com/blog/state-of-the-echo-2/
I Write, Code, and Tweet

awwende

Post by awwende » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm stuck on the factory firmware so I don't have any of the features in the newer updates.

awwende

Post by awwende » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 pm

The last thing I've heard of with support was asking me to enable DMZ mode on my router with the echo and sending them my public IP, which I did and gave them.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 pm

i'll send you a PM
I Write, Code, and Tweet